Free

Country

poland

Device

pc

Operating System

windows 10

My Question or Issue

spotify just doesn't work. i cannot download it, register a new account, or do anything related to the site, because my access is denied. i cannot play music, because spotify (an app) doesn't respond to anything. i don't know what to do, i reseted my router, reinstalled spotify and my pc and nothing works. 

7 Replies

Hey @wypierdalaj

That is a curious case!

What happens if you try to access spotify website or the web player? What kind of error messages do you see when you try to access the website or use the app?

That looks like something is filtering your network in such a way that renders Spotify useless. Just in case try opening the Spotify website (making an account) on your mobile or other device connected to the same network as your computer.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thank you for the reply.

i get this when im trying to access spotify website:

This site can’t be reached

www.spotify.com refused to connect.

Try:
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Check your internet connection.

Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.

Allow Opera to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.

If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.

If you use a proxy server…

Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Main menu > Settings > Change proxy settings… > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".

i can play spotify web player just fine, tho... however, music randomly stops playing sometimes. 

sadly, i dont have any mobile devices.

also, i'm not using any proxy servers, and opera is allowed in the firewall

@wypierdalaj

Thanks for the reply 🙂

I suggest trying out the host file method described in this article, maybe that will help you.

It does look like there is a network issue, 'connection refused' sounds like a host file problem to me. 🙂

Also, make sure Spotify is allowed in the firewall.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

so... nothing, still.
there's nothing spotify related in the hosts file, but i cleared it anyway. it did nothing, also added spotify to firewall, and still nothing is changed. i also cant even download latest spotify version (i have an old installer i guess) because this site is denying access

Hi wypierdalaj,

What happens if you try going directly to this download link:

https://www.spotify.com/sk/download/windows/

this site can't be reached. 

@wypierdalaj

That's pretty strange!

Do you have any antivirus software? some of these might filter websites.

You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. Have you tried using another web browser?

A third method useful for clearing such errors is this:

1. Open Command Prompt as an Admin (right-click - run as Administrator)
2. Type this:

ipconfig /flushdns

3. Hit Enter.

You can also try restarting the router. Restart it through its homepage, or unplug the router, wait about a minute and plug it back in.

Let me know. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts