Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

offline option (button) unavailable

offline option (button) unavailable

I am using Spotify free the version 1.1.40.508.gd5bc2931 the OS is "windows 8.1 professional" ,the problem appear after i log out and login again then i notice that offline option from the menu is missing. i tried to log out and login again, but the option still missing, in the previous version i used "1.1.32.618.gda5638a6-41" i never have that problem ,I use this option frequently this option it's so helpful to me because my internet connection it's not reliable ,when the internet cut out and back to work again, spotify stay offline in that case i reconnect manually by using offline mode i enable and disable the offline mode with that spotify reconnect without  restarting but now every time internet cut out and back i have to restart the application to back online ,i don't want to back to the old version is there any solution

Sans titre.png
7 Replies

Hey there @friothai

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

As a first step you can try we recommend running a clean reinstall of the desktop app. This will make sure any corrupted files from previous installations will get removed. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device.

Tip: Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

In case the clean reinstall doesn't help, try logging in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

The same has happened to me. Other options, which used to be available, are also greyed out. Did the reinstall fix it for you?

No, the reinstallation didn't fix it

Hi there @friothai,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you try to delete the local files on your Desktop. You can have a look at the Solutions in this thread for a guide on how to do that. 

You can consider installing the app from our website directly, if you've installed it from the Windows app store or vice versa.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No it didn't work out for me

i removed Spotify completely and I deleted all trace of it from the Os  and i deleted the local files and install the latest version of Spotify from the website but nothing seems to work and offline option still missing 

Hey again @friothai,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Since you mentioned that you have Spotify free, we just want to clarify that the Offline Mode is a Premium feature, so you won't see that option in the app if you have a free account. You can find more info about it here.

We hope this clears things up. We'll be here in case you have any questions.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts