Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

playback continues to other tracks after playing album

playback continues to other tracks after playing album

With the new spotify update on windows, im currently on version 0.8.8.349.g3657a532, and i've run into a huge problem.

i dont know if its a bug or the way its intended for spotify to work from here on out. but the problem is that when i click on a single album to listen to, after the album has completed, spotify then continues to play random tracks by the same artist without end.

this is actually a problem for me because typically, i like to listen to music as i go to bed, so i put an album on, however after the album is done, i would like for the music to stop because eventually, i like undisturbed REM sleep, but with music still playing until i wake up.. its disruptive.

i should be able to click on an album and listen to the one album and be done with it.. how can i stop spotify from continuing to play random tracks after a single album has completed? is this a bug?

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Several people have reported this issue is fixed in v0.8.8.450 (but reports seems to be mixed!).

You can download the most recent version directly from the Spotify website:

Here for Windows

Here for Mac

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks~! Will give this a shot!

Have the same issue and it's still here with  v0.8.8.450 (on Mac).

This behaviour really sucks; I might be a little bit old fashioned but I usually listen to an album and I want playback to stop when the album is finished. Only workaround seems to make a playlist from every album because the issue does not appear if I play one of my playlists. 

@MatthiasH wrote:

Have the same issue and it's still here with  v0.8.8.450 (on Mac).

This behaviour really sucks; I might be a little bit old fashioned but I usually listen to an album and I want playback to stop when the album is finished. Only workaround seems to make a playlist from every album because the issue does not appear if I play one of my playlists. 

Talking to one of the other super users about this (although it could be different on Mac) but album playback does stop for us at the end of the album providing you don't press the "Skip" button on the last track in the album. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts