Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

playlist filter isn't working properly

playlist filter isn't working properly

I just got a problem with the filter in my playlists after the latest update, when I now search up an artist I have on spotify, it does find the songs on that artist, but when I play one song and expect it to change to another song by the same artist, it will instead play as if it's not filtered. 

Example: I searched up Sonata arctica, and then started a song, set it on random and expected it to change to another SA song afterwards. but instead it started playing "hit the road Jack" which isn't even among the filtered results on the playlist.

I didn't use to have this problem before. Did you change the way the filter works so that I have to make dozens of playlists for each artist now and waste time? or is it a bug?

filter error.PNG
13 Replies

I'm having the same issue here among a myriad of other issues that popped up for me in the past week. I've been working with spotify support through twitter but so far the only fix is reinstalling the app, which fixes the issues until I close and restart the app.

Sounds like a UI/settings bug.

Shame they have yet to offer a permanent solution to it other than reinstalling the app as well as every song every time you wanna use it.

Yeah I reinstalled and it worked briefly and then stopped. It feels like it's been over a year that this problem has been going on, and I'm shocked that they haven't fixed this. I feel like the spotify app is constantly in a state of trying to recover all the stable features that it used to have 2-3 years ago. I'm perplexed why their engineers keep messing with it. 

Agreed on all fronts. It is incredibly basic, and should be fixed. I was online with a customer service rep for like 30 min answering their questions, and then guess what happened?

Nothing

Still having this issue.

Same issue here... 

I'm having the same issue on both desktop and Android. Tried reinstalling on both and still nothing happened.

I started experiencing this recently and it's beyond frustrating. Since they decided to take the artists away, I was happy that I could at least still search and listen to individual artists in my Songs, but it seems they might be taking away this functionality, too. 

I just updated today and started experiencing this same issue. It is driving me crazy.

I’m also having this issue...... I’m seriously about to switch back to Apple Music at this point. 

I'm having the same problem. Been going on for weeks now.It's very annoying and halway making me want to stop paying for it. Like the frustration itself. I could go back to my old methods of listening to music that didn't have this restriction.

Same for me. Does not work on both iphone/desktop. Crazy annoying bug 😞 

Hey there everyone,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If you're having troubles listening to the next song displaying after filtering a list, we'd recommend taking a look here for more information, as well as trying the workaround provided.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with - we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts