Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

problems with my playlist and other music.

problems with my playlist and other music.

Plan: Family Premium

Device:

The Problem is with my PC, but when i use the app on my phone it works correctly.

Operating System:

Windows 10

My Question or Issue:

I can't play any music from all sorts of playlists, podcasts etc, this is only on my Pc. Neither my web Browser or application of spotify don't work. I attempted to remove all my files and deleted my spotify and re-installed it. Then i logged in on my spotify and still can't play any music or podcast. I looked on the Community page, joined a discord (that didn't go as planned, because they said to make a Topic or try to get in Contact with some staff members) and read all sorts of things on the support page, but i cant find a solution to my problem. I also attempted to sign in to facebook. That didn't work as well.

The wierd part is that i actually can play music on my phone with the operating system: Android version 10.

If there is any solution to my problem i really appreciate everyone that know some things that maybe can help me fix this issue.

Greetings,

MilanVDuin

3 Replies

Hi @MilanVDuin,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you let us know what exactly happens when you want to listen to music on the desktop app? If you're getting an error message, sending us a screenshot of it would come in handy. 

Also - we suggest that you make sure that all Firewalls and anti-virus are disabled to check if the issue still persists.

Additionally, would you mind trying it with a different internet connection?

Cheers - We'll be waiting for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dear Mario,

Here is a screenshot of my firewall and two screenshots of my Spotify desktop application. I don't have a virus scanner.

Also there is no possible way for me to go on a other internet connection because we only have one connection IP. 

I hope this is enough information to solve this problem. Isn't there any other possible way to remove this problem? 

Ps. I am helping a friend that can't speak English very well. So I hope this isn't a problem. 

Best wishes, 

MilanVDuin

unknown.png
unknown-2.png
unknown-1.png

Hey again @MilanVDuin,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We suggest that you continue your troubleshooting by checking your host files by following the steps from this article.

You can also disable hardware acceleration by clicking the three-dot menu on the top left of the app > select View > uncheck Hardware Acceleration > Restart Spotify.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

Let us know how it goes 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts