Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Can't play the current song" in the middle of a song

"Can't play the current song" in the middle of a song

I've been a happy Spotify premium user for a couple of years now. Since today, I have some issues with the Windows desktop client on both my tablet as well as my desktop PC. The PC has wired network connectivity and outputs audio through HDMI. The tablet is connected to Wi-Fi and outputs audio via bluetooth to my headphones. Both run Windows 10.

Spotify will start playing a song, and somewhere in the middle (sometimes after a few seconds, sometimes after a minute) the song will just stop playing and a bar appears saying "Can't play the current song". When I skip to the beginning of the song, it will stop at exactly the same point in time. If I skip past the point where it stops, it will continue playing for a while again, until it runs into the same problem later in the song or in the next song.

Now, if this would happen once or twice, it would be a bit annoying but no biggie. But it seems to happen to nearly every song I play today! It's really un-usably bad. What could cause this? How do I fix / work around it?

5 Replies

same issue!

Same here

Same here too. Was fine this morning but for about the past ten songs I've listened to it's been every song, about mid way through. Getting really annoying.

Spotifys been randomly pausing when I use the app too for the past couple weeks which I assumed was my phones fault but now I'm wondering. 😕

the same here, spotify premium on win 10. i guess something is malfunctioning on spotifys side?

Same problem here, extremely obnoxious... Curiously enough, it doesnt seem to happen with bands I've saved locally on my phone. Which of course makes no **bleep** sense.

Suggested posts