Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Cant Play Current Song" Repeated Error

"Cant Play Current Song" Repeated Error

Plan - I have a premium Plan (family plan). 

Country - United States

Device - MacBook Air

Operating System - iOS Catalina

My Question or Issue

For about two months now the Spotify MacOS Desktop App has been silencing my music and displaying the error note: Can't Play Song. I did a few community fixes and downloaded the newest version off of Spotify's website, but to no avail. It happens 80% of the time I open my computer and start using it and it doesn't go away with time, I have to reboot Spotify (it then works). It also happens every time I connect to a new device, but on a more delayed track wherein the "Can't Play Song" appears about 15 minutes in. 

- I have gone into my settings and changed about every single item there is to change and switch back. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 8.06.31 AM.png
5 Replies

I have the exact same problem and it's ridiculously annoying. It only happens when I'm using bluetooth headphones (I'm using Beats, which, you know, are supposed to work seamlessly with Apple products). It only happens with Spotify though. It happens every time my Mac sleeps or logs out. I either have to quit and reopen Spotify or turn off my Beats and turn them back on. I'd assume it's Apple not giving 3rd party players the same priority/permissions as iTunes/Music/native, but who knows...

I have the same problem. It's been going on for months. It only happens when using Beats. It's fine when it's on speakers or Airpods. It's infuriating and I tried everything but nothing works. As an Apple product, it should work as well as Airpods. 

Hey there @nazoz09 ,

Thank you for contacting us. We'd be happy to help you further with this one.

In this case we would recommend you to take a look here

If the issue still persists after following the steps that's provided it would be great if you could let us know the following:

• What device/devices does this occur on?
  • Version of Spotify
  • Your OS

Let us know how everything turned out. We're always one reply away if you need us 🙂

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've tried that solution many times but it never worked. I've also deleted and downloaded Spotify app(and deleted all the cache)many times but the problem still persists.

My device is MacBook Pro 2019 with macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

Spotify version is 1.1.41.634.gc2c73ca7.

Hey there @nazoz09,

Thanks for the info.

We've passed this info on to the right team. Also head over to this Ongoing Issue thread and add your +Vote and info to the thread. This way you'll be notified as soon as there are any updates on this matter and help our team find a solution quicker. 

In the meantime you can try setting your Beats headphones as the default playback device. For more info on how to do that head over here.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts