Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Endless Mix" and radio stations run out of songs.

"Endless Mix" and radio stations run out of songs.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Operating System

Android, Windows 10.

My Question or Issue

When playing an "Endless Mix" or Radio Station, Spotify runs out of songs. Please fix this.

14 Replies

Does your station have the like and dislike button? If it doesn't then you are now listening to Spotifys playlist that they call a radio station. I myself lost almost all my stations because they were changed into playlists. I have one station left that is unlimited that hasn't been downgraded and I can't add anymore because we can't save stations now for some reason.

Yes! these stations have the like and dislike buttons. They just run
out of songs. If you look at the station, you can even pause it, but it
is still running with no songs.

Hey @cnchead.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Go to the settings and switch on Autoplay. This will cause the music to continue endlessly 🙂

Hope it works! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Already have, and it does not work. I have been a hobbyist all the way up to network engineer over the last 40 years, and believe me, I don't need to reboot either. If I am listening to an "Endless Mix" why would I need that setting anyway?

Unfortunately I accidentally clicked solved. This will probably never be solved as I have spent teens of hours with supprt for this issue. I am evaluating Amazon Music as well, and they have good ole radio stations that do not end. What's even better is that Amazon has lyrics to boot! Spotify has about a month to fix their program until I probably switch to Amazon.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and apologies for the late reply!

This should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure to update your app to the latest version, and make sure that Autoplay is switched on.

If, however, you're still experiencing this issue, let us know and we'll be happy to help you out.

Thanks!

It happened to me twice yesterday but I will see what happens today.

This happened just a few minutes ago on version 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25. I don't know if I am updated or not (usually happens automatically) but about 10 songs disappeared from the queue when I reopened the program to continue listening. Unfortunately I still have this problem.

I also have the autoplay turned on.

Hey @cnchead.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Could you send us a screen recording showing us what's happening on your end? Once we have this, we'll be able to investigate this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

I feel like I am trapped in a time loop. I have been working with support for about 2 months now. I am not going back to the what OS I have installed **bleep**. I have sent teens of screen shots, and if your "fix" did anything at all, it made it worse.

I created a video for you, but it looks like I have no way of sending it. It is not online so I don't have a URL for it. wth!

Peter,

Here is a URL showing the issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rICTTdPfjOU&feature=youtu.be 

Hey @cnchead.

Thanks for sending us that detailed video of your issue - it was really helpful!

Before we go on, could we ask you to just click "next" after reopening Spotify with the empty queue, just to see if the Queue repopualtes itself?

Creating another short video to illustrate this would be super helpful, if it's not too much of a bother for you 🙂

Thanks! Well be looking out for your reply.

I tried that on multiple ocasions, and the ONLY way to get that particular mix or station to play again is to open a different one then come back. 

Look, I have spent 2 months working with you guys on this issue with nothing but more hoops to jump through and little clues like "enhancements" and "expected behavior" I think I am done. 

I have recreated this on the web app, and I highly doubt that someone at Spotify couldn't recreate this issue for troubleshooting. This is not just my issue. I have logged in from different machines and with test accounts etc... 

Obviously you don't know my background, but you guys are either trying to lie to people, or you honestly don't have a clue. 

I could send you a video of how cool (and functional) Amazon Music is, if you would like.

Suggested posts