Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Favorite Songs" disappeared

"Favorite Songs" disappeared

Hello,

All of my "Favorite songs" playlist disappeared, along with the possibility of "loving" specific songs in Spotify, after an update.

Is there a way to recover those features? Now I can only "add" songs but it's not as intuitive as before.

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

(iPhone 7, Macbook Pro late 2014)

7 Replies

Hello @raphaelhuleux!

Can you try the following steps and see if it works:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope that solves the issue! Let me know if you have further questions. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Hello! I'm on mac so I'm not sure this will work...

@raphaelhuleux

Okay then follow these steps 🙂 

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return.
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop.
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit .
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address.
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Thanks for your answer! But I'm not sure I understand: which files should I open? Because in the host folder, I have like a dozen of files...

@raphaelhuleux

Can you take a screenshot of your hosts folder and upload it to here ?

Sure!

Capture d’écran 2019-02-24 à 17.51.28.png
Capture d’écran 2019-02-24 à 17.51.33.png
Capture d’écran 2019-02-24 à 17.51.36.png

I'm adding a screenshot with my new spotify, I had hearts instead of the "+" you can now see, and I had a "Favorite songs" playlist that disappeared

(Same on my iPhone)

Capture d’écran 2019-02-24 à 18.01.20.png

Suggested posts