Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"New Desktop Experience" How to Find Clean Album Version

"New Desktop Experience" How to Find Clean Album Version

Last month I received the awful "New Desktop Experience" upgrade.  Among the many missing or broken features, I am no longer able to find clean versions of albums.  Previous versions of the desktop app you were able to find these by doing the following:

1. On an album page, scroll down to the bottom of the track listings.
  2. Find more releases of the same album in the bottom-right.
  3. Choose a version of the album that doesn’t have the EXPLICIT label

Does anyone know how to find these clean album versions now??

4 Replies

Hey @kcwebbah,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Currently with the New Desktop experience the option New Releases is not available. We always strive to improve our app and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.

You can head here to find more information about the New Desktop Experience. You can also share your feedback in the thread.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help. 

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I figured that was the case...another lost feature of this awful update. Why did Spotify feel the need to fix the desktop app when it wasn't broken???

Btw, I already left several comments in the New Desktop Experience thread. Not holding my breath that Spotify is going to fix all the missing features. Super frustrated...

Hey there @kcwebbah,

Thank you for your reply.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features.

We can ensure you that we're taking all of the feedback in that's provided in the thread @Ver provided.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts