Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"See All" songs in search stop loading

"See All" songs in search stop loading

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Dell Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When searching for songs on Spotify and choosing to "see all", songs will not load after a certain point. If you scroll down, after 80 songs a loading wheel will appear which never goes away. Previous versions of Spotify did not have this issue, and would let you scroll far past 80 songs. Clicking "see all" on Artists, Albums, Playlists, etc. also seems to have a maximum of 80 results each. This issue still occurs on other wifi networks and on other laptops / macbooks.

spotifysearch.PNG
44 Replies

Do we have any update on this? It's still not working correctly, I have tried re-installing multiple times. Starting to get extremely annoying.

It won't be of any help to you - but just saying that I've opened and closed my Spotify several times since I installed it in "safe mode" where it installed and got rid of the error message 17 and it's still working. Each time I open it goes through the install graphic butthen simply works as normal. On 1.1.6.113 version.

We shouldn't have to do anything extra to get the app to function as intended. They need to fix it.

I agree absolutely, but how do you get that to happen? Do they read these pages?

No clue, I also found their bug tracker and submitted it.

I think the Spotify app for desktop needs a lot of repair. It is heavy, slow, it gradually consumes an abusive memory and now it has this infinite loop problem in the search.

The only solution I found at this time was to do the search in Spotify web (which has already returned to normal) or, when Spotify web is with the same problem of infinite loop (as it did all last week), search for music on the cell phone. Unfortunately these are the only solutions I found as an alternative to this problem, since the irresponsible ones have not given proper attention to the desktop app.

Just repeating: I installed version 1.0.99.250 and the search works very well and even fast. The current situation is update problem. Every time there is an update in this app it gets worse. Unfortunately I could not continue with version 1.0.99.250 because practically the app obliges me to upgrade to the latest version full of bugs.

I really hope spotify adresses this issue in the next update, and I hope it is soon. It is ridiculous that you can't even search for music or make large playlists by dragging and dropping now, as you can only see 80 songs!

I totally agree with you, especially when you say: "We should not have to do anything extra to get the app to function as intended". Unfortunately I am waiting for a repair since the beginning of this year and so far nothing...

I am using version 1.1.0.237 and it works perfectly showing all albums/songs in infinite scroll..

I'm using version 1.1.8.439 (updated today) and continues with the infinite loop, showing the limit of 80 songs. In other words, I still have to resort to Spotify web to search for songs. You have an old version, how do you not upgrade this app? With me it updates automatically, without my consent.

I still get an upgrade from spotify, then I go to filehorse.com, search for spotify, click on download spotify, and then I look for older versions, under 1.1.0****, download and install that version, and the problem is solved, until you restart spotify....I don't know how to stop spotify upgrading, sorry.

to disable spotify auto update on windows , go to folder C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Spotify

there is a folder Update , right click it , go to properties then security and  click edit button to deny permission to all , including yourself . also cick advanced and do or verify  the same .

with this spotify will not have permission for  update folder and it will not able to install AND update it.

Has this issue still not been solved/fixed in an update? Why has spotify not resolved this issue?

Thanks, prashantk99!!! 

bigpak, unfortunately Spotify has not yet fixed this problem, and apparently they do not even want to fix it...

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that we are still looking into this issue.

To stay up-to-date on our progress, make sure to check back in this thread.

Thanks for your patience on this 🙂

Seriously? The app was updated today and continues the same thing. I doubt you'll fix this bug.

Some update from the devs/mods in the main issue thread would be nice. This bug has been reported 3 months ago and not a single progress update has been posted since then.

It really looks like no one is interested in fixing it.

Hey @LuHulio.

Thanks for chasing this up.

We just wanted to reassure you that we're still investigating this, and that we'll make sure to update you in the thread as soon as we have any news.

Thanks! We appreciate your patience 🙂

Suggested posts