Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later"

Solved!

"Service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later"

I've been trying to log in for about an hour or two now and all I keep getting is that message. I changed my password, nothing. Not sure what I should do. I'm about to restart my computer to see if that will work.

Anyone know what to do or has anyone had this problem as well? I can't find anything online about it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, im sorry, shouldve waited a bit...

i have resolved the problem by manually editing the prefs file.

My issue at least is caused by being behind a company proxy.

* i went here: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify (WINDOWS 😎

* opened the file 'prefs' in notepad (File was completely empty for me)

* added these lines:

network.proxy.addr="proxy.XXXXX.com:8080@https"

network.proxy.mode=2

network.proxy.user="COMPANY EMAIL ADDRESS"

network.proxy.pass="COMPANY ACCOUNT PASSWORD"

Obviously you need to know your company's proxy address and once you add your email address it should log in.

It aint pretty though... as the proxy is loaded as HTTPS, there is little or no artwork in Spotify....

There used to be a way round this by changing the prefs file again... (Change the HTTPS to HTTP) but due to the changes in proxy log on in this version, this no longer works...

So we have music, just 0 colour in the desktop app... still mildly annoying 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

okay i have had this problem for a while now, but i finally resolved it. this may not work for you but it worked for me. 

what i did was completely uninstalled my spotify and reinstalled it again 

click this link: https://support.spotify.com/ca-en/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/?in=search

Follow it and that might work, cheers

View solution in original post

34 Replies

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Did that, they sent me an email saying to post here. 

Fortunately restarting my computer did the trick. Thanks anyway.

I'm having the same issue 😞  I've reinstalled and restarted my computer several times over the last two days and I'm still getting this error.  What can I do?  It was working fine just a couple days ago.

Spotify.png

@boydjll 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem on Windows application.

Edit: strangely at the moment when I was posting this the application died and next startup was fine.

Thanks.  I did email this team yesterday and I'm still waiting for a response.

What did they say?  I have had the same thing for months now!   I am about to cancel my subscription!

I'm having the same problem. You have the solution? Thanks.

Same problem for me, since the latest update (I'm on Windows 7 BTW). This is becoming annoying...

I'm having the same issue.. web player works fine... desktop is same error.. reinstall does nothing.

Has anyone figured out why this is happening yet? been happening to me for 3 days. 

This issue could be related to you being behind a company proxy or something. This should be resolved in the new Version of Spotify Ver 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b which is available for autoupdate and download now. At least i received it through autoupdate.

If anyone is still having trouble singing in,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've just went back to v0.9.15.27 so that I can connect. I think it's related to the proxy, at least for me.

Still getting the same issue here today.

New version doesnt allow the changing of proxy address at the log in screen which is a shame.

Modifying the proxy address in the prefs file doesnt help either as the format of proxy addresses has changed. #(now looks for username for proxy)

My colleague beside me has a fully functioning version but modifying his prefs file to suit my account hasnt worked either.

More than mildly annoying. Why take away the alt log in from the desktop app? Give us back the proxy options 😞

Marked as solution

Ok, im sorry, shouldve waited a bit...

i have resolved the problem by manually editing the prefs file.

My issue at least is caused by being behind a company proxy.

* i went here: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify (WINDOWS 😎

* opened the file 'prefs' in notepad (File was completely empty for me)

* added these lines:

network.proxy.addr="proxy.XXXXX.com:8080@https"

network.proxy.mode=2

network.proxy.user="COMPANY EMAIL ADDRESS"

network.proxy.pass="COMPANY ACCOUNT PASSWORD"

Obviously you need to know your company's proxy address and once you add your email address it should log in.

It aint pretty though... as the proxy is loaded as HTTPS, there is little or no artwork in Spotify....

There used to be a way round this by changing the prefs file again... (Change the HTTPS to HTTP) but due to the changes in proxy log on in this version, this no longer works...

So we have music, just 0 colour in the desktop app... still mildly annoying 🙂

Thanks KeithJoWalsh.

Your workaround worked perfectly. It is in fact annoying that the proxy option doesn't appear at login page.

This doesn't work for the Mac application

Sadly this solution doesn't work for me... I'm not behind a proxy and I have my VPN turned off. I can't login to spotify. When I try to login via facebook (the account was created via FB) nothing happens (a page opens saying "Logging in to Spotify..." and after a while it says "You may now close this window." but nothing happens on the spotify window). If I try to login with email and password (I don't even know the password as I always login via FB) it says the service is unavailable although I can juse it just fine on my phone or tablet.

I tried rebooting and reinstalling the program but nothing seems to work. Like I said, I don't use a proxy and my VPN is off. I've only had this problem for the last few days. Before that everything worked just fine.

Suggested posts