Premium

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 1803

My Question or Issue

Some time recently, seemingly out of the blue, I am receiving the "something went wrong, try again later" error for each and every song I add to my liked songs. Songs previously liked will not show the error when removed, but will show the error when attempting to re-add. When this error appears, sometimes the heart remains empty, but always the songs will have been added to my liked songs.

spotify something went wrong when liking songs.png
2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also suggest updating your Windows 10 to 1903.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Loxer, the problem has persisted over the course of the past week, so my device has been restarted numerous times. I did attempt a reinstall via the steps provided, but the issue still persists.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of later Windows updates causing issues on my machine, I would prefer to remain on the build I currently am on. In addition, this issue has not always been present during the time I have used this build - only recently.

Spotify tells me it is on version 1.1.15.448.g00fba0e3 (Microsoft Store version).

Suggested posts