"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it

Regular

Appreciated, but I think that this is something Spotify itself should look at. It's crazy that I can't play certain songs. Also, their, re-install and install comes across as if there is something wrong with the install/os. I'm not running Windows, so that does not make a lot of sense, to me.

Highlighted

Re: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it

Hi. I deleted this file but still when I open spotify itys still send me that error text. I and checked and I found out that each time i play any song its open new Local-Files file. Can you help me? 

Highlighted

I went to roaming, but Spotify isn't there, did it download somewhere else?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

None of this has worked for me. 

I have deleted the cache countless times and deactivated hardware acceleration, as well as deactivated crossfade and also set it to 0s.

I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it 3 times.

Nothing is working for me, please help, I can't listen to any song even if I have downloaded it.

Highlighted

I tried deleting it multiple times, but it just kept coming back. Your suggestion to rename the file worked, thx a ton.

Highlighted

Visitor

It didn't fix my problem. The song is still grey and unplayable.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Changing my speaker selection worked for me. Now, let's talk about how an app that I pay over ten bucks each month for can't be intelligent enough to TELL the user that "this is what the situation is- change this and you'll be good to go again".

Shoddy.

Highlighted

Regular

Million thanks, that did the trick for me as well!!! Unbelievable that the "standard output" gives this error message, but at least on my macbook pro this is the solution. Will check it when back home.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

You can use MusConv.

Regular

This topic isn't about importing music, it is about playing it.

SUGGESTED POSTS