Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Solved!

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Acer Nitro 5

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So about a week ago my Spotify app stopped working and kept saying if you have the file on your computer you can import it and I have read through about 15 forums on the Spotify community and even watched multiple youtube videos to try and fix this and nothing works plus I've recently swapped from a prebuilt pc with lower specs and I always use Spotify so I'm wondering how do I fix it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the same problem, first I checked that my drivers were up to date, and then moved on to figure out that Spotify had a nothing selected as it's output device which Sebasty explains how to fix here. I'd guess one of these things is your problem if Spotify works on other devices/the web client and your computer has sound for other programs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

I had the same problem, first I checked that my drivers were up to date, and then moved on to figure out that Spotify had a nothing selected as it's output device which Sebasty explains how to fix here. I'd guess one of these things is your problem if Spotify works on other devices/the web client and your computer has sound for other programs.

Well the web client doesn't work either only my Spotify on ios works and the only program I use for sound is voice meeter banana

Nvm, it was somehow my intel integrated GPU so I went into the Nvidia control panel and swap to my 2060. Thanks for the help though!

Suggested posts