Announcements

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it

Casual Listener
Another post on here says to change your Sound device output. This worked for me two times out of three.
Whats going on here, Spotify?
EVRYTHING else I have plays through my default speakers fine. WHat is Spotify trying to do that gives such a weird message
Highlighted

Re: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it

Hey all,

Just jumping in here to confirm that our developers are aware of this issue and are looking into it.

We'll keep everyone updated in this Ongoing Issue thread, so make sure to subscribe. It's also containing some solutions worth checking.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout if there's anything else you need help with!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
Highlighted

Visitor

I have tried everything, but it is still not working. I have a Mac Air. and I don't know what to do. Please help.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This works for me, every time. Just switch from whatever sound output device you have set, to something else, then back again. Crazy. Spotify, what is this all about?

Come on, recurring bug here , please sort this out. NOTHING changed between launches if spotify, yet it reports this error. Even the message is totally misleading. You can't play the tune..... Because you lost track of the output device? Really? 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Works! 🤗
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @flint133,

Thank you for your post.

As @Xenia mentioned we have an Ongoing Issue about this that you can find in this thread. There's also different solutions that might help you in there.

Also - could you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists?

We also recommend you do a clean reinstall.

We're always one reply away if you need us.

Cheers!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Visitor
Try find and install audio driver on your mainboard website, it worked for me, this problem sloved.
SUGGESTED POSTS