Announcements

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it

wow @swimlittlefishi Thank you. I can't believe i spent hours not understanding what's going on with my spotify and trying every single solution of these 5 pages, only to realize that spotify WON'T play a song just because my headset wasn't ON, and therefore Windows couldn't detect an output source. 

*insert facepalm emoji here*

Highlighted

Re: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it

This was my exact same problem after a reset Windows reset my default sound settings. 

Highlighted

My fix was to reinstall my audio driver.

Highlighted

Visitor

Hello Sir. I had been trying to do this many times, but still I encountered the error. Searched all the local files in my PC (I found only one) and deleted it and after that I opened Spotify and still I got the same problem. Please help. Thank you

Highlighted

Okay, so incase that didn't work for you, as it didn't for me, I found another solution.

Open control panel and go to Hardware and Sound>Sound. Click on your default device and open properties>Advanced. Then change the format to something higher or lower. After pressing 'Apply' My Spotify worked again. (After it worked, set your quality to the highest it can go, better audio quality and all)

Step 2.png
Step 3.png
Step 4.png
Highlighted

Thanks so much for your help. I've been having issues with my Spotify on my laptop and your instructions helped me to get my laptop Spotify to play. 

Highlighted

I've tried many solution (restart my laptop, restart spotify, uninstall/reinstall spotify, restart the audio services, renaming the 'local-file') but nothing seems to be working.

what i can just play is the song that i've added before in my liked list, other than that nothing can be play, it just keep skipping and skipping and if i chose one random song the error message "spotify can't play this song. . . . . ." will emerged.

i am using

Asus ROG gl502vmk

W10 Pro
SPotify Premium

p/s: i've experienced no such thing via my smartphone.

anybody, help please, very frustrated right now -.-''

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi, 

i followed what you've said, i closed spotify, deteled all the files like you've said, restarted it and it still didn't work. 

i turned off the acceleration "thing" in the advance settings 

I desinstalled and reinstalled Spotify, still didn't work 

I'm on Windows 10, and the spotify app comes from the Microsoft Store 

I can't play any music on my computer althrough it works on my phone 

I'm little bit desperate, i'm on this problem for the  last 2 hours and i can't find a solution which works 

Capture d’écran (2).png
Capture d’écran (2).png
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Update, 

i've just reinstalled my PC and it works, so i don't know where the probleme came from but it works now 🙂 

Thanks 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi - I am receiving this same message so I cannot play anything off of the Spotify App on my Mac Book Air.  It will play through the Desktop version.  I have cleared the Caches several times.  I have re-installed the app three times.  I tried turning off the Hardware Accleration.  Basically I have tried most of what has been mentioned and still get the message, so I am not sure what to do.  I don't know how to go to %appdata% - I don't know what that is.  I am on a Mac Book Air running Mojave OS 10.14.4.  My phone app works fine.  I am a Premium user.  Any help would be great.  

SUGGESTED POSTS