Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Solved!

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Plan

Premium

Country

Slovakia

Device

Computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I search for everything ..... but it doesnt work .... 

I just now rebuild my pc with new mother board cpu an rams 

And after i started pc i wanted to listen to spotify but it say this all time : "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

On my phone its working . I tried every solutions what i found on internet rebooted pc reinstall spotify and other stuffs

73 Replies

Hi,

I have tried it and i have 2 tb drives so and 60% free space of all 4 four of them

Shoundn't be the issue

Hi,

Didn't work... 

Hey @Mortalheart,

Thanks for your reply in this thread and for the info you kindly sent us 🙂

As mentioned before and Just to confirm, is this happening in both the web player and the desktop app? If not sure, try it and let us know how it goes.

On another note, if you log in with another account on the computer you notice this inconvenience, did you experience the same? It'd be awesome if you could check. You can create a free test account to check if the inconvenience persists there.

We'd like you to know we're investigating further the root cause of this. We'll need this info, so we can check if perhaps it's something account-related.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

It works for me so far, thanks.

Hi,

This happends only in desktop app. I can still use web player.

Hey @Mortalheart

Thanks for the confirmation. 

Would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your desktop app to check if the same happens with a different account?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,

Suddendly today without anything to do with it it just keep working normally 😄

So problem solved, but thank you alot for help

Hey @Mortalheart

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help.

Have a good one 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Folks, i have this problem my windows, but the soluction above not resolution for me, please help me.

The message  is "Spotify can´t play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it
"

Hey there @22f7rnlk6v4agm5xs7az

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Could you let us know exactly which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid repeating any steps.

If you haven't tried performing a reinstall of the app on your PC, we suggest that you do so by following these steps. 

Also, we suggest that you disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software, and turn off any VPNs if in use.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

Hi, Eni, sure, when I reinstalled the app and restarted windows, spotity started working again. Thank you very much.

Hey @22f7rnlk6v4agm5xs7az,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now. We appreciate the time you took following the process and sharing what works for you. 

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away. It's always a pleasure to help.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

After a week of pulling my hair out with this error, your picture helped me fix mine. Somehow Windows had a blank box instead of an output selected for that dropdown menu. I went through every setting i could find and somehow missed this one. Thank you.

Worked for me as well. Wish they would finally get to hi-res audio. At this point I don't think it is happening. 

tried that twice now.. still won't work. Keeps saying "cannot play song right now"

Hey @SharkWithLegs 

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind letting us know what you've tried so far? This'll help us avoid repeating steps. It'd also be helpful if you share with us the make, model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you're currently running. Sending us a short video ( or couple of screenshots) of what is happening on your end would also come in handy as this way we can take a closer look and advise you better how to fix it. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

LyubkaModerator

Same issue. I reinstalled and restarted the PC, but nothing worked. The sound quality is just 48000hz. Cleared cache, storage whatever. What else I could try here?

Hi @KelvinLai,

If you haven't already, it's worth checking if there are any Spotify-related entries in your hosts file and removing them. You'll find a detailed guide on how to do this here.

Something else you can check is if the correct audio output device has been set for the Spotify app, as suggested by the Community user in the pinned solution in this thread. Here's how:

1. Open Spotify and press Play on something.
  2. In Windows' search bar type "Sound settings" and open them.
  3. Click on Advanced sound options, found at the bottom of the new window that pops up.
  4. You should now see Spotify in the list of apps that are currently playing audio. Simply set the Output either to Default or to the correct audio output device, then restart the app.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

The app is playing other things ok. This is just one podcast which was
failing.

Hey @Les4921,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please send us the link to the podcast, so we can check on our end? Also, does the same error appear in the web player or on a different device? Can you please let us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far and the OS version and Spotify version of your device?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts