Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify can't play this right now." Another Solution

"Spotify can't play this right now." Another Solution

Hello everyone,

I decided to register to the Spotify Community just so I could present a solution to an issue that's usually solved by reinstalling or deleting the Local Files file in your AppData. The issue being the error message ("Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.") that prevents you from playing music or skips your tracks constantly without actually playing the song.

However for me these two solutions did not work at all, even the Spotify Support team could not assist me and I chatted to them over the course of three days.

Then I remembered, the most recent thing to happen in terms of Spotify was me travelling to my parents over Christmas, I logged into Spotify on my Laptop (though I'm pretty sure it was logged in already). I'm not sure what happened during the time I was logged into my laptop, but maybe due to extended use it switched the main platform I used to listen to music.

TLDR:

The solution was to simply log off any other Desktop device (Simply shutting it off does not solve the issue), I'm assuming this problem was caused by a system to prevent too many people using one account to make use of Spotify Premium benefits.

0 Replies

Suggested posts