Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify can't play this right now" Error after PC upgrade.

"Spotify can't play this right now" Error after PC upgrade.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Custom PC,

Operating System

Win 10 64

My Question or Issue

Did an upgrade to my PC. New MoBo and CPU. Since then, Spotify will not play any songs on any playlists. It keeps saying "Spotify can't play this right now ... etc"

All other audio works on my PC. My other sound drivers work. Realtek, and ASIO, FL Studio 20 works. audio for games works. Literally everything else that plays audio on my PC works, except for Spotify. 

I've upgraded sound drivers for my headset (SteelSeries). I've upgraded sound drivers for the Motherboard itself (Realtek).  For whatever reason, Spotify just refuses to play any music, as it skips down my playlist giving every song the above error.

2 Replies

I have tried every solution I could find in the past 2 weeks and still can't fix this problem either.

Finally I found the solution; after the upgrade the system does not reasign the sound output of Spotify to the predetermined config., so you can restart this and voilà, it is fixed:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Error-Spotify-no-puede-reproducir-esto-en-este-mome...

Ringmaster

Suggested posts