Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify can't play this right ow. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

Solved!

"Spotify can't play this right ow. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I found a cool song that I whould like to add to my playlist, but when I try to play it spotify gives me the message "Spotify can't play this right ow. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

The song is Sweet Tangerine by The Hush Sound

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @DarkgamingPC,

thanks for answering my questions !

From what i see within your answers is that the content may not be available in your country.

What supports it is that only part the album is greyed out and that your friend in the US was able to see it and stream it.

Availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

Spotify is an open streaming service for artists to upload their creations, therefore it is within the artists themselves and their record label to decide where and if their content will be presented.

New content is being added to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

I hope this sheds some light on the issue.

Please let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @DarkgamingPC,

I hope you're doing well !

I would have to ask for more indication to determine the source of the issue, so please kindly provide me with this information :

- Have you tried playing the song on a different device ?

- Have you tried listening on a different network/WiFi connection ?

- Does this happen with other tracks on the app ?

- Could you ask a friend/family member who uses Spotify to try and play the same song on their device ?

- Is the song greyed out ?

Waiting on your update.

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

- Have you tried playing the song on a different device ?

Yes, I also tried to play it on my phone(android)

- Have you tried listening on a different network/WiFi connection ?

No, I dont have access to any other network right now.

- Does this happen with other tracks on the app ?

Yes, most of the songs of the album Like Vines are greyed out (only 2 available). I also can't find the album when searching through the Spotify app, only shows app through google

- Could you ask a friend/family member who uses Spotify to try and play the same song on their device ?

I asked a friend that lives in the US and he has access to the hole album.

- Is the song greyed out ?

Yes

Marked as solution

Hi @DarkgamingPC,

thanks for answering my questions !

From what i see within your answers is that the content may not be available in your country.

What supports it is that only part the album is greyed out and that your friend in the US was able to see it and stream it.

Availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

Spotify is an open streaming service for artists to upload their creations, therefore it is within the artists themselves and their record label to decide where and if their content will be presented.

New content is being added to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

I hope this sheds some light on the issue.

Please let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts