Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify can't play this song right now. If you have the file on your computer, you can impot it"

"Spotify can't play this song right now. If you have the file on your computer, you can impot it"

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

When I try to play two different songs that I found on youtube from spotify, I get an error "Spotify can't play this song right now. If you have the file on your computer, you can impot it". I have tried restarting the app, restarting my computer, reinstalling the app, and other methods.

The songs in question are https://open.spotify.com/track/45qr2PbGAnWHw6eUKNEcy7?si=c3brVGgNRvixcm4Elr1Jdw and Shinitai-chan

2 Replies

Hi  zachariapopcorn!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community.

The songs that are no longer available are greyed out, which means you can't play them. This could be due to licensing or the request of the record label or artist and it can vary from country to country. Unfortunately, this is something that Spotify doesn't have control over as it is up to the individual music companies.

If you want you can submit your music requests here.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!

I have the same problem, the app is completely useless, can't play 3 songs in a row.

Probally part of one of their weird test updates.

It has nothing to do with greyed out songs.

Suggested posts