Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify has been paused because your account is being used somewhere else"

"Spotify has been paused because your account is being used somewhere else"

I keep getting the message: "Spotify has been paused because your account is being used somewhere else", even though I'm not using Spotify anywhere else. I have already clicked "log out of all devices" in the settings without any results. 

It is very frustrating, and I hope someone out there has a solution

Merry Christmas,

Marc

4 Replies

Same for me, get this message in all my devices iPad , iPhone and can't listen music (im premium member) .i already log out of all devices, already changed password many times as the so call other post "fixed" thread suggested but it doesn't work , it is very annoying and unacceptable
to see Spotify is not able to fix it while we are being charged every month on time

Hey @Dawei888 and @116503166, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Here are a couple of potential fixes for this issue:

1) On Spotify.com, go to your Account page and change your password. While some users have said that this hasn't fixed their problem, it has worked in other cases.

2) Also on your Account page there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all devices currently signed into (you have to do this right after you get the "account is being used somewhere else" message, or else the other user might have closed the app and it won't successfully sign them out). If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

3) Another option is to go to the Apps tab on your Account page, here you can revoke permission from apps that want to access your Spotify account. If you see anything here that you don't trust, remove it from the list. I currently have 3 apps connected.

If you have tried all three steps and are still having an issue, please let me know! Looking forward to your response 🙂

It still doesn't work and I've tried all three steps multiple times

I have tried all of these steps.  I am still getting interrupted during every song.

I changed my password and signed out everywhere.

I have revoked permissions from all apps.

I removed an iPhone from devices that I wasn't sure about.

Suggested posts