Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify in Greece" is a joke.

"Spotify in Greece" is a joke.

Hi,

I recently changed my account from British to Greek and noticed that 20% of the tracks in my playlists are unavailable. 1/5 of the tracks that my friends are sending me (from the UK and the US) are not available in Greece.

It feels like I am using a cutdown version of Spotify. Almost every single artist I like (and used to listen very often) is missing 1/2 of the albums while others don't even exist anymore. I've been a subscriber for around 3 year and I have quite a few playlists. I didn't join your service in order to only have access to mainstream garbage like Lady Gaga. I can just turn on the local FM radio for that kind of stuff..

It's also really annoying when my friends are sending me tracks and most of them are "not available in Greece".

So what's the deal? Are we going to have the same catalogue in the future or should I look for a different service? Or maybe should I move back to the UK?

4 Replies

Hello!

This thread might help you understand why some of the songs are missing in Greece. Hopefully you will get your music back, if you were a premium user in the UK, you could keep your UK account until the subscription expired then you would have to change your country back to Greece. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

@user-removed wrote:

Hello!

This thread might help you understand why some of the songs are missing in Greece. Hopefully you will get your music back, if you were a premium user in the UK, you could keep your UK account until the subscription expired then you would have to change your country back to Greece. 

I don't think my music will ever get back if I don't change my country back to UK. The albums/artists/tracks I am missing aren't new releases and they are way too many of them.

It seems that people in Greece don't deserve to have the same Spotify experience as the rest of the world.

Can I have an official Spotify response?

spotifyingreecejpg.jpg

Unfortunately, music is licensed seperately in each country normally, so just because Spotify have a track in the catalogue doesn't mean they can make it available everywhere. 

They are adding new agreements and labels all the time through, and Greece is still a relatively new market for Spotify so its only a matter of time normally. There is a little more detail about content here

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts