Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

I have been a Premium user for the last couple of years, and over the last couple of months I have had trouble streaming music from my laptop. I keep getting the error message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" for every song I try to play. However, I can stream perfectly fine from my phone. My payment information is correct, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no luck. I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem on other Community posts. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

77 Replies

Same here! Used it for ages with no issue, then suddenly it's a daily thing. Actually it's why I signed up for the community. There are support articles which state you need to uninstall and reinstall the app, but in my experience that doesn't fix the issue for more than a few uses/plays. When I wipe the current copy of Spotify and install and old one from my downloads folder, it works fine. Then Spotify announces it has "A new version ready for me!!!!1" Of course, when I download/restart, 90% of the songs in my playlists are "unavailable" unless I have them on my computer. Only occurs on Windows. Mac laptop and Android phone working fine.

Same problem here, however, I'm on a Mac. Tried reinstalling, worked for a few days until more and more songs became unavailable. 

Hey guys, are you able to post back with what versions of the desktop app you are running, and what operating system you're on?

Swanny, I'm a Windows 7 user on Spotify 1.0.25.127.g58007b4c

As a new update, it no longer displays the "song not available" bar, it just flat out doesn't play tunes when you try to. 

Mac OS X 10.11.3 and Spotify 1.0.25.127.g58007b4c. Seemed to work after I reinstalled the app but after a while the problem occurred again.

I'm on Windows 7, Spotify version 1.0.24.104.g92a22684

Came home from work tonight and had this issue also (the banner flashes briefly and disapears)

Version 1.0.25.127.g58007b4c

Really annoying as well when it's ruining the discover weekly and #ThrowbackThursday playlists which should just work, and worked an hour earlier at work 😞

Never had this problem until today. Wondering why I'm paying premium.  😞

I'm having the exact same issue. I think my computer had some updates the last time I shut it down - last night. I think an update is causing the issue.

Just reinstalled it, to no avail.

1.0.28.87.g8f9312a4

Windows 7 Professional SP 1, 64-bit

Sounds right. Today when I clicked on the Spotify icon to start it, SPOTIFY downloaded something. I hadn't run it in about a month on this machine.

I just untagged everything under Preferences/Local Files/Show Songs from

I think this was an issue that was somehow connected to my iTunes Libary on my external HD. Now everything works fine.

I completely shut down my computer and rebooted. Seems to be working now.

Hi,

I have the same problem, and I wipe completely the previous installation of Spotify.

I tried to install the latest version and still same problem.

I installed the previous version (someone in this forum post a link) and it was working fine until the automatic update (that it’s no possible to stop).

I’m a premium user, really you have to solve this problem, is now at least one week that I can’t use it in my PC( windows 7).

Does anyone actually have a solution to this problem?   I'm assuming a premium membership does not include help from Spotify -- only it's users. 

Does anyone actually have a solution to this problem?   I'm assuming a premium membership does not include help from Spotify -- only its users. 

@piopieri

There is a way indeed to stop automatic update, check the tutorial below.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/Tutorial-prevent-auto-updating-on-ne...

Thanks, 

I'm going to try this.

You're my hero

Suggested posts