Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Solved!

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

As you may guess by the subject, I'm getting the blue notification bar at the top of my program window reading, "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."  I recently built a new desktop PC running Windows 10, and I'm now experiencing this issue (it rarely, if not ever, occurred on my old PC running the same OS). 

I've tried disabling/uninstalling/reinstalling sound drivers.  I've tried turning off my local files in Spotify, restarting, turning them back on.  I've tried deleting the cache folders for Spotify, and restarting.  I've tried uninstalling Spotify and reinstalling.  Nothing works.  

It may also be worth mentioning that my music folder is not on the default C: drive, but on another drive that I installed (in this case, A:).  I have the same sound files on an external drive (D:), and those aren't even being found or sourced to play in Spotify, yet all of my files were found by Windows Media Player.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I did two things

Stop showing songs from Local Files

1. Navigate to Edit > Preferences
  2. Scroll down to Local Files
  3. Uncheck all boxes (Itunes, Downloads, Music Library, etc...)

Delete your local files. 

1. Close Spotify
  2. Navigate to "%appdata%\Spotify\Users\" in your file browser.
  3. There should be a folder "username-user" - enter the folder.
  4. Delete the file named "local-files.bnk"
  5. Start Spotify

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

I did two things

Stop showing songs from Local Files

1. Navigate to Edit > Preferences
  2. Scroll down to Local Files
  3. Uncheck all boxes (Itunes, Downloads, Music Library, etc...)

Delete your local files. 

1. Close Spotify
  2. Navigate to "%appdata%\Spotify\Users\" in your file browser.
  3. There should be a folder "username-user" - enter the folder.
  4. Delete the file named "local-files.bnk"
  5. Start Spotify

Suggested posts