Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"This song is not available", Spotify seems to think I'm offline

"This song is not available", Spotify seems to think I'm offline

I get the error message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." when I try playing any song. I'm not in offline mode, and able to browse the whole catalogue.  

I have narrowed the problem down a bit:

- I have a working sound output.

- My internet connection icon shows a yellow warning sign, and the message "No internet connection available". This is due to various connection setup stuff that I need. I'm still online.

- Before starting these connection setup things, the warning icon doesn't show. If I start Spotify at this point, it works as expected.

So, it seems that parts of Spotify thinks I'm offline, due to the warning on my network connection. Has anyone encountered, and found a solution to, this problem?

Thanks!

3 Replies

I am in the exact same situation right now. The problem is I don't know how to make the yellow triangle on my computer network disapear and let spotify know i have internet access.

I have the same problem whenever I try to choose any song on Spotify, even the ones I've been listening to all the time. I don't even have that warning sign on my internet connection, everything's working just fine, except for Spotify. I even tried re-installing the software a few times, but nothing changed. Here's thinking it's a problem on their end in this case.

I'm also dealing with the problem. There are some of the songs I can play, but some of them are being skipped or cannot play. I can even not search for anything in spotify

Suggested posts