Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"This song is not available" for all songs, have tried multiple fixes incl. playback devices

Solved!

"This song is not available" for all songs, have tried multiple fixes incl. playback devices

Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Version 1.0.42.151.g19e0aa6

Premium Account

Problem started in March after an update when I tried to play music on the desktop app. Music won't play at all and a blue banner flashes at the top that reads "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." This is only occurring on my home laptop. Work computer and phone work fine. I've gone through multiple forum posts here and this has become very frustrating because I haven't been able to use my laptop and listen to my playlists. I've previously just uninstalled the auto-update version and installed a 1.0.2x version of Spotify and I could play songs, every time the machine restarted. Now it is installing the new version when I try and play a song, and the new version will flash the blue banner and I can't play music. 

I have restarted my computer. restarted Spotify, logged out and back in to the desktop app, and uninstalled/re-installed app (clearing cache), clean boot, I have disabled all the local files. I know this is usually a playback device issue but I only have one playback device listed and don't have USB speakers or anything similar for me to switch to (I can select disable the device, but no action results from that, even after changing Group Policy "Prevent Changing Sounds" to disabled). None of these solved my issue. One other thing I have noticed is that some buttons are disabled. If I drop down the menu in the upper right I can click all of them except for "Account" and when I have logged out I can't log back in using the "Log In with Facebook" button but have to manually type everything in. Also cannot click the "Reset Password" button at the log in menu. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I don't know what fixed it. I had disabled my Audio Device to reinstall the drivers as a speculative fix for Spotify, but myself and the system troubleshoot couldn't re-enable the speakers, so I wasn't able to hear any audio! I ended up following this link: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-most-frustrating-windows-7-audio-problem-solved/ and after a reboot Spotify works.

I believe it probably some permissions involving AudioSrv in the window registry, but I'm not an expert. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

I don't know what fixed it. I had disabled my Audio Device to reinstall the drivers as a speculative fix for Spotify, but myself and the system troubleshoot couldn't re-enable the speakers, so I wasn't able to hear any audio! I ended up following this link: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-most-frustrating-windows-7-audio-problem-solved/ and after a reboot Spotify works.

I believe it probably some permissions involving AudioSrv in the window registry, but I'm not an expert. 

Suggested posts