Free

Country

Catalonia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Hello!

So some weeks ago I came across an issue that's been driving me crazy since a while ago.

I like sharing and receiving songs. The problem is that recently all open.spotify links are not working. Discord shared URLs don't show anything about the song, which they should, and if I open it on my browser it fails to load the page. It's not an internet problem. I tried reinstalling spotify and discord but nothing changed. I've also seen that removing certain servers from the "hosts" file in your System32 folder (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc), such as "127.0.0.1 open.spotify.com" causes issues, and I have to say it's still there.

So, what's causing the problem?

Screenshot_2.png
Untitled.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Crazychemist,

Thanks for reaching out.

Are you having trouble opening Spotify links only in Discord? Could you test if you're able to open them with a different messaging app and if possible - on another device?

Also, you mention that you reinstalled the app, did you use this guide? We recommend that one as it's very through. 

And to make sure that we're on the same page, did you clear your hosts file from Spotify entries?  If not, even though it was written for another topic, this page has instructions on how to do this.

Keep us posted, we’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Crazychemist,

Thanks for reaching out.

Are you having trouble opening Spotify links only in Discord? Could you test if you're able to open them with a different messaging app and if possible - on another device?

Also, you mention that you reinstalled the app, did you use this guide? We recommend that one as it's very through. 

And to make sure that we're on the same page, did you clear your hosts file from Spotify entries?  If not, even though it was written for another topic, this page has instructions on how to do this.

Keep us posted, we’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Hi Mihail,

that solved it! I should've done a clean reinstall the first time. Thanks for your support. It's nice seeing a customer support that is actually useful.

Hi there @Crazychemist,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey!

This is very convenient.

I bought premium two days ago and noticed the visual design just changed completely. It used to look like the one they talk about here (https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/03/25/spotifys-controversial-new-desktop-ui-is-official/), but it now looks just like it used to about two months ago. Why is that? I really liked how that one looked 😞

Hi there @Crazychemist,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We're glad to know that you were enjoying the New Desktop app interface. There's no need to worry - the new interface is still rolling out, so you should get it again soon (might take a couple of weeks).

If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Hey Carlos,

thanks for clarifying that. Actually yes, there's a last question I had. The "report error" option from the song options doesn't work anymore (supposing you were able to file a report back in the day), instead it tells you that spotify fetches the info automatically.
Well, take this album as an example. It's from Beethoven's 15th sonata. (https://open.spotify.com/album/2djyPqRDQgOWCCP2Vp9wJC?si=r09ed2GETvWOZoifuGPD1A)

The whole album is wrong. First four tracks are the first four movements from the 15th sonata, and the three remaining tracks are the three movements from the 21st sonata. Funnily enough, both the album cover and the audio files are correct, but the titles aren't. Is there a way to report this?

Hey @Crazychemist,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Currently there is no option to directly report a track or an album through the app.

If you notice that the titles are incorrect, you can give the steps mentioned here a go so you can report this.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

Hi Ver,

Just done that. Thanks for the help!

Hi @Crazychemist,

You're welcome. We're always happy to help!

For anything else you need, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts