Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

removal of devices tab

Solved!

removal of devices tab

i have spotify premium and read that i can sync all my music into my ipod third generation. what i read said that to sync the music to the ipod the devices tab needed to be oppened i looked and looked and cant find it. is there any other way i can sync my music? or posibly will the devices tab come back in a new update? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @santana12311222

Unfortunately there is no way to download songs from Spotify and get them on an MP3 player such as an iPod (non touch model without apps).

Spotify content is copyrighted and encrypted and can only be accessed within the app on mobile, desktop, etc. All of the other similar streaming services work the same way.

The desktop and mobile app allows you to import MP3s so you can play them along with your other streamed songs in one desktop app. It used to allow you to sync the songs to your iPod, but only the MP3s you had were synced. So it pretty much just did the same syncing behavior that iTunes does for MP3s. In the latest version of the desktop app there is no way to sync the MP3s because Spotify removed the feature to focus on Spotify features since you can already use iTunes to sync MP3s to iPods.

If you have an iOS or Android mobile device you can download your music/playlists to the Spotify app so that you can listen to it when you are offline with no internet: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/search_play/listen-offline/ 

You can check out these pages to see how you can access the Spotify apps on supported devices: 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

What Spotify meant by "sync all your music across all devices", is that you can have your same playlists as you have on your PC, on your iPod. By logging into Spotify app, you already have the ability to stream music. If you want, you can make playlists available for download. You do not need devices tab opened, just open your iPod, download Spotify app, open it, log in and stream/download music as you like 🙂

Have a nice day! 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey @santana12311222

Unfortunately there is no way to download songs from Spotify and get them on an MP3 player such as an iPod (non touch model without apps).

Spotify content is copyrighted and encrypted and can only be accessed within the app on mobile, desktop, etc. All of the other similar streaming services work the same way.

The desktop and mobile app allows you to import MP3s so you can play them along with your other streamed songs in one desktop app. It used to allow you to sync the songs to your iPod, but only the MP3s you had were synced. So it pretty much just did the same syncing behavior that iTunes does for MP3s. In the latest version of the desktop app there is no way to sync the MP3s because Spotify removed the feature to focus on Spotify features since you can already use iTunes to sync MP3s to iPods.

If you have an iOS or Android mobile device you can download your music/playlists to the Spotify app so that you can listen to it when you are offline with no internet: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/search_play/listen-offline/ 

You can check out these pages to see how you can access the Spotify apps on supported devices: 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts