Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

scrolling/user interface frustration

Solved!

scrolling/user interface frustration

While using the mouse to avigate between the left file select bar, the main screen of the app, and the right screen social feed. When hovering over each respective collumn it feels natural to expect that if you start scrolling over each respective one, that is the window that should scroll.

Unfortunately even with hovering the mouse over them it will automatically scroll on the left collumn which causes me to lose where I was in the main window, scroll trhough all my files and lose my place. it feel counterintuitive and is ruining my experience with the app. Even when I click on something on the main window it wont scroll unless I manually click and drag the bar to the right of the window. Using the up and down directional keys do not work either, so I go from scrolling too fast in the sidebar to ot being able to scroll at all.

I love spotify and this has made it difficult ot enjoy my music on my desktop. I am on Windows 10 and using the eElan pointing device touchpad on my lenovo device. any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is an issue with the Elan touchpad. You can encounter a range of weird issues with that touchpad, but there's a way to fix it.

Open up registry editor (search for regedit), navigate the tree to the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Elantech -> SmartPad

Find the item (DWORD) named ScrollControl_Mode and change it from 0 to 1.

Might have to log out and back in again (I didn't).

View solution in original post

regeditelantechmousepad.png
3 Replies

I recently looked at somebody who had spotfy on mac and did not run into this problem so I know that is how the app should be running.

Marked as solution

This is an issue with the Elan touchpad. You can encounter a range of weird issues with that touchpad, but there's a way to fix it.

Open up registry editor (search for regedit), navigate the tree to the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Elantech -> SmartPad

Find the item (DWORD) named ScrollControl_Mode and change it from 0 to 1.

Might have to log out and back in again (I didn't).

regeditelantechmousepad.png

Thank You! Literally duch a simple fix and I can enjoy usng spotify again! 

Suggested posts