Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

songs i have never heard of keeps getting played on my spotify, and it pisses me off

Solved!

songs i have never heard of keeps getting played on my spotify, and it pisses me off

In a few days lately, some random songs i have never even heard of, is being played automaticly from my spotify. I think maybe i am getting hacked or something. its even playing when im not using the computer, and when im on the computer, its playing from my web browser. it's creeping me out and i am really sick of it. 

the artists names are: "R", "daniel miller", "david tsao", "eric pavia" and "mia nagasaki". Im just trying to listen to Travis Scott's Astroworld, and it's pissing me off. If anyone has had the same problem, pls help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have the exact same issue. I dont think its autoplay. I only play music on my phone, but sometimes it says music is being played from chrome web. I dont even have a working computer. Even if I remotely change the song being played on that unit, within one minute it changes back to the same albums. Albums by David Tsao, Daniel Miller, R, Mia Nagasaki, Eric Pavia, Marlo, Will Caster and more.. Pls Spotify fix this, i think its some new kind of hijacking, to maximize plays on certain playlists..

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi EivindSchau, welcome to the community!

The feature that you're experiencing is called Autoplay, it allows you to enjoy non-stop music, playing similar songs when the playlist/album you've listened to has ended.

In order to turn off this feature you can follow this guide that Spotify has provided.

Thanks, and have a lovely day!

Auto play can be very annoying, I agree turn it off and maybe sync your albums offline and take your app offline too, then you're assured of no stray songs interfering with your pleasure!

Hey @EivindSchau

While Autoplay starts playing similar music after your playlist/queue ends, it certainly won't start randomly playing music on its own.

If turning off Autoplay didn't work for you, I recommend following the steps in this article. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

I have the exact same issue. I dont think its autoplay. I only play music on my phone, but sometimes it says music is being played from chrome web. I dont even have a working computer. Even if I remotely change the song being played on that unit, within one minute it changes back to the same albums. Albums by David Tsao, Daniel Miller, R, Mia Nagasaki, Eric Pavia, Marlo, Will Caster and more.. Pls Spotify fix this, i think its some new kind of hijacking, to maximize plays on certain playlists..

Hey @Joelvikner

I recommend following the steps in this article on how to secure your account. Make sure to use a strong password with numbers, letters and symbols.

Another thing I suggest is revoking access for any apps you don't recognise or no longer need. You can do it on your account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I think thats what spotify does to regulate how songs are been played especially if you are using the free version 

Suggested posts