Country

The Netherlands

Device

Lenovo laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, 

I've been having issues with the spotify desktop app. When I want to play a song on my airpods, it doesnt play any sound, but when I disconnect my airpods, the desktop app works on the speakers. I have tried numerous things, but they all didnt help. The sound works on the 'site version' but I cant manage to find a solution for the desktop app. one thing i have to note is that my airpods dont show up in the 'devices' section in spotify, but they are conected to my computer. Is there anyone that can help or has this same issue?

21 Replies

Hey @nikegal,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

We'll need more information about the issue so we can investigate this further. If the issue persists after giving these steps a go, could you share with us the following?

• Screenshot of your Window sound settings that shows what is selected for Spotify
  • In case you get an error message, a screenshot showing it
  • If the issue occurs after pausing a specific song

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue here but was finally resolved after following the below clean install instructions:

1. Open Spotify. In the app's settings (you can access them by going to Home and then tapping the gear icon in the top right corner), tap Storage then Delete Cache.
  2. Head to your device's Settings, then tap General.
  3. Tap iPhone Storage.
  4. Select Spotify from the list of apps.
  5. Tap Offload the app and confirm. This will delete the app but its documents data will be kept.
  6. Then tap Delete App and confirm. This action should delete any leftover documents and data.
  7. Once the app is deleted, press and hold the Side/Top button and either volume button until the power off slider appears.
  8. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  9. After your device turns off, wait a couple of minutes.
  10. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until the display turns on.
  11. Switch your device back on and install Spotify from the App Store.

Lastly though, you also need to Remove Airpods from Garmin's Headset list and search/pair the Airpods again.

Thank you.

Suggested posts