Free

Country

Canada 

Device

pc

Operating System

Windows 8.1

My Question or Issue

I play music mostly from my Favourites list, however I have noticed that when I deselect a song, and it no longer appears on the favourites list, it still plays. After some poking around online, I "think" that the favourites list is actually curated by Spotify, not by me. 

This is frustrating, mostly because it's not made clear that this is what's happening, but mostly because there seems to be no way to stop things from playing when I want to stop hearing them. It's a chicken/egg circle of the songs continuing to play because they continue to play... sigh. 

Is there some way to clear the knowledge that Spotify has accumulated about my playing habits, while keeping songs that I have actually selected myself, so that these songs will be removed? 

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @MarjorieMcD.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We'll be happy to help you out 🙂

The Favorite Songs playlist on the free version of Spotify for mobile is not curated by Spotify: it is made up of all the songs which you have liked. You can check songs you have liked (and also unlike them) by heading to Your Library > Playlists > Favorite Songs, which appears at the very top.

Bear in mind that, when you deselect/remove a song from your Favorite Songs playlist, that doesn't mean that it will no longer play - in order for that to happen, you have to tap the 🚫 icon when the song comes up in a playlist. 

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Hi Peter, Thanks for replying. Leaving aside how unintuitive that is, there
is no
[image: image.png] icon when a song comes up, neither in the song list or
on the currently playing song.
[image: image.png]

Marjorie

Hey @MarjorieMcD.

Thanks for getting back to us.

I noticed you tried to upload some images, but unfortunately they haven't come through. Could you try uploading them again so that we can see what you are seeing on your end?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Suggested posts