Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 11,Windows 11 PC )

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

I joined a Spotify blend with a friend and after we joined it, the friend activity on the desktop only shows each other, and other people in other blends and hid the other people we follow, we tried leaving the blend, tried making a new one and leaving, reinstalling but nothing works, this happened a couple of month ago and we still found no solution.

1 Reply

Hey there @sultan3,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Blend should have nothin to do with the friends you see in the Friends Activity panel. 

A few months ago Spotify introduced a change where the option to share your listening activity and see what your friends are playing on Spotify became 'off' by default, instead of 'on', how it used to be.

This means that in order to see someone in the Friend Activity tab, they need to have the following settings switched 'on': Settings->Social->'Share my listening activity on Spotify'. Also, Private Session needs to be turned 'off'. 

You can read more about this change here and here.

Note that a lot of Spotify users don't actually use the friend feed and may not have turned on this setting. We'd recommend reaching out to your other friends and asking them to switch the setting on, if you don't see them in your Friend Activity tab.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts