Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify cuts off all other audio on the computer?

Solved!

spotify cuts off all other audio on the computer?

This may not be a problem caused by spotify, but it happens when I have been using spotify a lot that all other audio stops working entirely except spotify (which is what makes me first think it may be the cause). When I stop spotify, exit it entirely, nothing is making sound at all. Only after going into the control panel audio settings and then after reconfiguring the audio for the whole system then does it start working again. The first time (yesterday) I thought it was just a coincidence, but now this evening my audio is entirely out again except for spotify. 

Running 64bit windows 7 ultimate SP1

spotify version 0.9.6.81.gd359a796 

Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know what may be causing it if not spotify? Any solutions? 

Many thanks for any help! It is much appreciated 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Do you have the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" option selected in Control Panel > Sound > Select your Output > Properties > Advanced?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Do you have the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" option selected in Control Panel > Sound > Select your Output > Properties > Advanced?

Peter

Yes, it seems this option was enabled. Strange that I had not noticed that when I looked through those options yesterday. Will update later if this fixes the problem 🙂

Let us know. 🙂

Peter

That seems to have done the trick 🙂 have not had the problem since. Thanks for the help!

Suggested posts