Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify desktop cache taking a lot on storage

Solved!

spotify desktop cache taking a lot on storage

I've noticed for a while that spotify had at least 8GB of data cached on my main drive, i've tried telling it to use a folder in my second drive for caching to no avail, i resorted to denying access to the folder on my main drive, but this resulted in the music cuting out, so i re-enabled it, thing is my main drive is pretty stuffed and i'm trying to free up all the space i can, but when deleting this folder, it just repopulates.
this folder is located in:
C:/Users/*username*/AppData/Local/Packages/SpotifyABxxx/LocalCache/Spotify/Data

is there anyway to tell spotify to move this dat elsewhere?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just delete it, there will be 2 folders in LocalCache\Spotify\ Browser and Data. Delete these, don't start the program yet.

After you deleted them go to \LocalState\Spotify there's a prefs file, open it with notepad and add this at the end storage.size=102now start the app.

Didn't test the storage.size thing yet, but it is supposed to keep your cache under 1 gig, no more slow start ups hopefully.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Just delete it, there will be 2 folders in LocalCache\Spotify\ Browser and Data. Delete these, don't start the program yet.

After you deleted them go to \LocalState\Spotify there's a prefs file, open it with notepad and add this at the end storage.size=102now start the app.

Didn't test the storage.size thing yet, but it is supposed to keep your cache under 1 gig, no more slow start ups hopefully.

trying it right now, now all i have to do is wait until it fills up to 1GB

ok, it's working, only 1GB of storage taken

Suggested posts