Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify on windows 10 not working

Solved!

spotify on windows 10 not working

Hello,

For the past three weeks my desktop app on windows 10 is not working.

I have done the following DIY workarounds, which did not solve the problem:

1) end task on task manager

2) reset or repair function on app settings

3) reinstalled more than five times through the microsoft store

4) reinstalled once using the manual download and install

5) restart and shut down the desktop more than three times 

I visited the community page for answers. I found solutions, but I have already done them and based on above list, nothing worked. 

The attachment contains an image of the app when launched after every reinstalls. and this has been going on for weeks already. I tried leaving my desktop overnight and still this is what I got. A black screen.

After these attempts and already irritated at the malfunction, i tried using the web version of spotify. It went even worse because it's not even working, despite my internet connection here is fast in my office.

It ruined my day, and it is annoying. Seriously.

What's going on????

spotify_blackscreen.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello,

The problem is now solved. While on blank screen, hardware acceleration was disabled.

the attached file shows how I solved it. I'm sharing it for those who are probably looking for solutions.

View solution in original post

spotify_blank screen problem solution.jpg
4 Replies

Hey @jralbarina, help's here. 

Try uninstalling the app, remove everything Spotify-related under the "/appdata" folder, and reinstall

If that doesn't work, and not even the Web Player, there may be some restriction in your office network. Depending on the type of office, it's best to get in touch with your IT department if there is one. 

All the best!

hi jemi,

many thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, after several tries, it's not working at all.

I'm losing hope now on windows.

Marked as solution

Hello,

The problem is now solved. While on blank screen, hardware acceleration was disabled.

the attached file shows how I solved it. I'm sharing it for those who are probably looking for solutions.

spotify_blank screen problem solution.jpg

Hey @jralbarina,

Glad to hear it worked out for you, and it's great that you're sharing for other visitors to see. 

Happy listening 🙂

Suggested posts