Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify stopped working

Solved!

spotify stopped working

constantly says "cannot play song". i am a free user at the moment. have been a premium user but when i had to get a new debit card the payment failed.havent renewed yet.i first tried restarting th app.next my pc. ran anti-virus  and malware remover. finally, clean re-install. still not working.

spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

logged on 8 hrs later and it worked fine. idk what the deal was but it seems to work well now. side note while it failed on my pc it still worked on my phone.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

logged on 8 hrs later and it worked fine. idk what the deal was but it seems to work well now. side note while it failed on my pc it still worked on my phone.

Hey @slimmykun

This error might indicate to issues with drivers / soundcard.

I would recommend checking for any available updates under Windows Update and install them. 🙂

You can also try out these:

1. disable hardware acceleration under Spotify's three dots - View

2. leave desktop Spotify open and open web player or Spotify on mobile, play some song and then use Spotify Connect / Available Devices dialog (computer icon between Queue and volume bar) to 'route' playback over to the desktop client.

EDIT: Glad it sorted itself out! It was probably a small hickup in the system. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts