free

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Recently spotify will randomly stop playing music.  It happenes during adds.  The add will want to play, but it just sits there on 0 of 30 seconds.  I tried reinstalling the app, but it didnt fix it.  The only way to fix it is to restart the program.  If i try to play a different song, "the selected song will be played after the ads" appears at the top.

spotify error.png
7 Replies

This ad caused my spotify to freeze and the only way to get it to play again was restart the programThis ad caused my spotify to freeze and the only way to get it to play again was restart the program

This above ad started causing spotify to freeze.. the ad wants to play but never does. No matter how many times I click pause and play it never does. I am running Windows 10 and have the most current and up to date player. All other ad's play fine but this one does not. It will cause me to have to close the program and restart it. I can't just switch play list or anything. The only way to get it to play is to close and restart spotify. I sent this in a few weeks ago and then it seemed to not play this ad and worked fine.. but it just came back a few minutes ago and happened once again. I wish they would either fix this ad or just remove it so that it stops freezing.. if they can't I will be forced to open itunes and play my music there without the selection of music I currently have.

I am having the same issue when it goes to play an ad. It freezes and won't play the ad. it won't let you skip past the ad and play another song. You are forced to close the program and restart it fresh. It seems to be one of the summer ads that is causing the issue. It started a few weeks ago for me and now all of the sudden it is doing it again after it seemed to be fixed when i quit getting the ad. Below is the ad for the cause of the problem.

ad freezing spotifyad freezing spotify

Hello?  This is happening numerous times per day.  
Bump??

spotify error 2.png

Am having same problem after all this time for Spotify to correct it. It appears this problem was reported as far back as 2019--Ludicrous.

Will go to Accuradio!!

correction

--as far back as 2016-----

Yup, get this as well and not just PC, Android more so.

Hi, I have the same problem, The add pauses the play back and looks like it goes into a loop, but no sound. I hit pause, then play and sometimes it comes back, but it plays the add first before going onto the song. Really annoying because the adds seem more frequent, I have to do this a more than a few times in an hour.

Suggested posts