Free

Country

UK

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10 x64 build 1803

My Question or Issue

Until this latest version of the Windows 10 Desktop spotify 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1

a web browser link of the form: spotify:track:1aICPClDGoZGvxAv8g5lmS#00.00.05 would have the effect of starting the spotify track at the start effectively or spotify:track:1aICPClDGoZGvxAv8g5lmS#01:10:00 would start the track at the 1 minute 10 second position.

Now this functionality is broken.
All you can do is get spotify to jump to the track but not start it using spotify:track:1aICPClDGoZGvxAv8g5lmS from your browser.

Help  appreciated.

5 Replies

Hey there @hedleyclemo.

Thanks for raising that 🙂

Do you mean that this functionality is broken on the Web Player, or on the desktop app?

We tried reproducing it on the desktop app, and it's working fine, both in the case of starting the track from the beginning (spotify:track:1aICPClDGoZGvxAv8g5lmS) and starting it at 1m10s (spotify:track:1aICPClDGoZGvxAv8g5lmS#01:10:00).

If it's the Web Player you're talking about, then the link you need to insert into your browser is different to the one you enter in your search bar on the desktop app. It looks more like this: .../track/1aICPClDGoZGvxAv8g5lmS

Also, with the Web Player, you don't seem to be able to start from a specific point in the song.

Let us know if that answers your question, or if you need any further help 🙂

P

Thanks for the quick reply.

It is the desktop app that I'm referring to.

All I can think is that I just very recently did the Windows Update to the feature build 1803 (Windows 10) which did break a few other things as well.

So just perhaps this is another piece of Windows weirdness!!

So probably case closed I guess.

Many thanks.

Hey @hedleyclemo.

Thanks for letting us know.

Could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing when you enter the URI?

We'll do our best to help you out 🙂

P

Here is a screenshot so when I hit the link at the top in the Chrome (latest version) browser - the link in blue titled He's All Over Me which would show in the status bar the 'spotify:track:abcdefgetc.etc.' then it will launch spotify or else just move the current track (whether stopped or playing) so that the new album and track is highlighted but nothing more as you can see from the screenshot.

I have tried a variety of alternatives to the hash # symbol and various attempts to escape it in some form but none of this makes any difference.

Many thanks - Hedley

Screenshot #1.jpg

Hey @hedleyclemo,

The link you provided (spotify:track:1aICPClDGoZGvxAv8g5lmS#00.00.05) doesn't work because there are dots instead of colons.

Try spotify:track:1aICPClDGoZGvxAv8g5lmS#00:00:05 and it will run smoothly 🙂

Keep us posted!

Suggested posts