Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify won't play music AT ALL

Solved!

spotify won't play music AT ALL

there are speakers connected to my computer, so at first I thought that the speakers were the problem. but, when I go on youtube or Netflix and watch something, the sound works fine. I downloaded spotify on my computer, but no sound comes from the speakers. they aren't Bluetooth, and are plugged into the right space. I don't understand why everything would work normally yet it wouldn't actually play my music. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify, but that doesn't work either. any help would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @cvapplejuice

thanks for posting !

Can you please reach your settings page and cancel these two option to see if it works :

- Enable Hardware Accelaration (Under "Compatibility")

- Crossfade songs (under "Playback")

Let me know how it goes 😃

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @cvapplejuice

thanks for posting !

Can you please reach your settings page and cancel these two option to see if it works :

- Enable Hardware Accelaration (Under "Compatibility")

- Crossfade songs (under "Playback")

hi! thank you so much for reaching out and trying to help. unfortunately, these options didn't work. if you have any other tips or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. if not, thank you for helping me anyways. 🙂

Hey there @cvapplejuice,

thanks for the update!

Sorry to hear it didn't help solving the issue.

Let's move to checking the your system is fully updated, including audio drivers.

Then make sure Spotify has all permissions needed on your security app like you Anti-Virus and firewall.

it seems the other solution worked? it just took a few days to actually work. thank you so much for all the help! now i can finally play my music again. ❤️

Hey there @cvapplejuice,

Glad to hear it worked out for you !

Enjoy Spotify 😃

Suggested posts