Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

won't advance to next song

Solved!

won't advance to next song

about a week to ten days ago anything in my playlist (on web player) will not advance to the next track! I've signed out, signed back in, removed the tracks from the playlist and added them back in, tried different songs, tried an entire album, nothing! it will play the first song, then stop.  the length of that first track it played will appear at the beginning of the time bar, and the length of the next track will appear at the end of the time bar, but all music stops. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @winifred! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Are you using Firefox by any chance?

Because there is currently an Ongoing Issue going with the Firefox browsers.

Be sure to check it out for more details about this issue. ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @winifred! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Are you using Firefox by any chance?

Because there is currently an Ongoing Issue going with the Firefox browsers.

Be sure to check it out for more details about this issue. ^^

Peace

Hi

I am having the same problem and yes, I'm using Firefox.

Spotify has never worked on my Chrome (page stays dark after login), that's why I was using Firefox.

What's the alternative?

Thank you!

This happens to me also, sometimes it plays 2 or 3 songs in a row but mostly it stops after 1 song then whatever that song length was say 2:42, the next song appears but the bar is at 2:42 and is stopped.

So annoying to have to manually drag the bar back to 0:00 to start a song almost every time. It works perfectly fine on Chrome

i switched from firefox to edge and it seems to be working ok, so try that until they get firefox fixed.

I'm having the same issue for about the same length of time, just recently starting happening. I am NOT using Fireox... any suggestions?

Suggested posts