Plan

Free

Country

Device

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

cloudy_saplings_0-1584941129135.png

whenever i try to play music, it comes up with this message. and when i try to play an album or playlist, it skips through all the music and keeps going to the end. I can take a video of it if needed. it has been like this only today, and ive tried everything i can think of. ive re-installed it, restarted my pc, turned off my firewall, i dont know what to do. please please help because i cant live without spotify! 

7 Replies

forgot to mention, here is some info about my pc. hope this is helpful.

cloudy_saplings_0-1584941390698.png

I have exactly the same problem with my desktop version of spotify, Windows 10 also.

I just had the same issue and what solved it was to 1) Go to the Control Panel and find "Sound".
2) once you're there, in the Playback Tab, change your default speakers just for a moment and then change them back.
I know it doesn't sound related in the least but it works.
Now Spotify works perfectly.
This is a Windows issue not Spotify.
Before doing this I had tried all the .bnk stuff and deleting this and that.
But it's a simple fix. Just change your default speakers and then change it back.

Didn't work. I had to get a Microsoft person to help me. But thanks!

i also have the same issue. if I have the web browser open then it get no error 

Did they tell you what to do? I have the same problem. Windows big update no. 2014 from May 2020 has led to Spotify saying I am offline when I am online. Can Spotify get in touch with Microsoft and ask them to do a further update to correct this please?

I posted the solution to what worked for me above.

Suggested posts