Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists Wanted Edition No 3: Submissions

Artists Wanted Edition No 3: Submissions

Hey everyone!

As you are probably aware, at the heart of Spotify, and our Community, is Music: listening, curating, producing, and of course, discussing it.

After the successful second edition, the Community Music Chat Team is pleased to welcome upcoming artists for submitting their new releases to the third edition of Artists Wanted: Share Your Talent With The Community.

Note - You can find here results of the second edition.

How does it work?

• On a regular basis, we (the Community Music Chat Team) will post a thread (like this one) looking for submissions, so keep an eye out!
  • Artists participating have to be members of the Community and have a Spotify artist account.
  • Artists are welcome to post their original songs and intros in a comment below (only one comment per band/artist please).
  • Note: If an artist has already participated in a previous edition of this project, they can submit again only with a new release of theirs.

Questions artists should answer to participate:

• Artist/Band name:
  • Where are you based:
  • Main genre of music:
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words:
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent, original songs which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users:
  • Handle for one social media of your choice:
  • Who are your musical inspirations:
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better:

The Community Music Chat Team will go through all submissions, and propose a few for the entire Community to vote on. Once the results are in, we'll contact the winner, and they will be featured in our Community blog! 

When will submissions and voting occur?

Artists submissions: from March 5 to March 20 (Midnight Pacific Time)

Community vote: from March 28 to April 3 (Midnight Pacific Time)

Where to participate?

We'll hand it over to you, artists on the Spotify Community - post your answers to our questions in a comment below. Don't be shy, we'll be very glad to hear your tracks and read your replies!

Note - We ask artists to submit only original songs and not covers. Also, artists should not post/embed videos, as we'd like to keep the ground fair for smaller artists with lesser budgets.

P.S. When it comes to choosing the winning artist, we'll give equal chance to the finalists to gather votes from the forum's users; so don't get discouraged if you enter your submission at a later point and don't gather too many likes in this thread.

The submissions for this 3rd edition are now closed. Community users' voting will start March 28.

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
24 Replies

• Artist/Band name: LUzA CULT 
  • Where are you based: Glasgow, UK/ Amsterdam, NL
  • Main genre of music: Trap Metal/ Alternative 
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words: Chaotic, Rebellious, crazy, exciting 
  • GLUE2 with Death Tour: https://open.spotify.com/track/5LGHsa3tFfcM6qc1gUkrhy?si=a978aaf8509d4972
  • Handle for one social media of your choice: https://www.instagram.com/luzacult/?hl=en
  • Who are your musical inspirations: Nascar Aloe, Death Tour and slowthai 
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better: 
  • We just dropped our first LP - FiLF a carefully curated collection of chaos that transports you straight into the LUzA CULT universe - make what you will of it, it's a bizarre adventure!

• Artist/Band name: Arisand
  • Where are you based: Austin, TX USA
  • Main genre of music: Electro House
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words: sultry, soulful and spirited with playful drops for dance breaks
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent, original songs which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users: https://open.spotify.com/track/0UFPiEYiyZOzEdi5323wGK?si=e545caae953f407e
  • Handle for one social media of your choice: @arisandmusic
  • Who are your musical inspirations: Nina Simone, Utada Hikaru, Le Youth, Washed Out
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better: Introvert * Tragicomic * Dancer * Deep

• Artist/Band name: nasmore
  • Where are you based: Canada
  • Main genre of music: Pop-rock
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words: With an authentic style that seamlessly blends all the best elements of pop, hip-hop, rock, and R&B, nasmore’s sound can be eccentric and moody,  romantic and lovely, or dark, intense, eerie, and poignant.
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent, original songs which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users: https://open.spotify.com/track/4odZXjTMuuUtjdej1C0eK2
  • Handle for one social media of your choice: @nasmoremusic
  • Who are your musical inspirations: Imagine Dragons, Scorpions, Billie Eilish
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better: I have a wicked sense of humour and love to develop recipes for musical genre cocktails. The latter one attracted some famous names I'm currently working with.

Dope stuff!! Sick sound 🙌🙌

• Artist/Band name: Larry Choppins
  • Where are you based: Bern, Switzerland
  • Main genre of music: Instrumental Hip Hop, Chillhop, Trip Hop
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words: Nostalgic, calming, chill, vibey
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent, original songs which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users: 
     https://open.spotify.com/track/29KddZVOXM7ygoKMYM98UF?si=0de8645913c74842
  • Handle for one social media of your choice: @larry_choppins (instagram)
  • Who are your musical inspirations: JDillaMounika, Frenic, Flofilz, Mujo, l'indécis, Ruck P
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better: My roots are in the hip hop world with sampling vinyl and mpc beats. I'm connected to the swiss underground hip hop scene and produced a whole album ("Zitgeischt") with my favorite swiss rappers. My sound has evolved over the years - now I'm recording everything on my own (vocals, guitar, bass etc.) to create more atmosphere and textures in my beats/tracks.
    Thanks for listening to my music 🙂

Suggested posts