Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists Wanted Edition No 4 - Submissions

Artists Wanted Edition No 4 - Submissions

Hey everyone!

After the successful third edition, the Community Music Chat Team is pleased to welcome upcoming artists for submitting their new releases to the Fourth Edition of Artists Wanted: Share Your Talent With The Community.

Note - You can find here the winner of the third edition.

How does it work?

• On a regular basis, we (the Community Music Chat Team) will post a thread (like this one) looking for submissions, so keep an eye out!
  • Artists participating have to be members of the Community and have a Spotify artist account.
  • Artists are welcome to post their original songs and intros in a comment below (only one comment per band/artist please).
  • Note: If an artist has already participated in a previous edition of this project, they can submit again only with a new release of theirs.

Questions artists should answer to participate:

• Artist/Band name:
  • Where are you based:
  • Main genre of music:
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words:
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent original song which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users:
  • Handle for one social media of your choice:
  • Who are your musical inspirations:
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better:

The Community Music Chat Team will go through all submissions, and propose a few for the entire Community to vote on. Once the results are in, we'll contact the winner, and they will be featured in our Community blog! 

When will submissions and voting occur?

Artists submissions: from April 18 to May 1 (Midnight Pacific Time)

Community vote: from May 9 to May 15 (Midnight Pacific Time)

Where to participate?

We'll hand it over to you, artists on the Spotify Community - post your answers to our questions in a comment below. Don't be shy, we'll be very glad to hear your tracks and read your replies!

Note - We ask artists to submit only original songs and not covers. Also, artists should not post/embed videos, as we'd like to keep the ground fair for smaller artists with lesser budgets.

P.S. When it comes to choosing the winning artist, we'll give equal chance to the finalists to gather votes from the forum's users; so don't get discouraged if you enter your submission at a later point and don't gather too many likes in this thread.

Submissions for Artists Wanted Edition No 4 are now closed.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
25 Replies

Hello @geovanebento

As said in the submission topic :

"Artists participating have to be members of the Community and have a Spotify artist account."

Anyway, If you work with some artists, you can suggest them to participate.

Thanks for your interest in this project.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you! I will do that, have a great weekend! 😊🤜🤛

Artist/Band name: Bekim!
Where are you based: Germany
Main genre of music: R&B
Describe your sound/music in a few words:Modern 90s and 00s R&B
Spotify link to one of your most recent original song which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users: https://open.spotify.com/track/0EgQpPkMVYKh37zwS6YOwE?si=f4be5afb85464797
Handle for one social media of your choice: @bekimmusic (Instagram) https://www.instagram.com/bekimmusic/
Who are your musical inspirations: Boyz II Men, Jodeci, Backstreet Boys, Babyface

Nice voice.

• Artist/Band name: Timithin
  • Where are you based: Nova Scotia, Canada
  • Main genre of music: Rap / Alternative Rap
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words: Powerful, Inspiring, Real
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent original song which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users:
  • https://open.spotify.com/track/7J6Qbmrs2BbvcvnEhk5RPy
  • Handle for one social media of your choice: @timithin
  • Who are your musical inspirations: Sik World, NF, Brakence, J.Cole, Powfu
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better: Just kid from the middle of nowhere country expressing my thoughts through my music.  Stay humble, stay positive. I appreciate you all ❤️ 

Thank you.

Suggested posts