Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists Wanted Edition No 7 - Submissions

Artists Wanted Edition No 7 - Submissions

Hey everyone!

Right after Summer Holidays we had a great sixth edition. Today, looking forward to Christmas season, the Community Music Chat Team is pleased to welcome upcoming artists for submitting their new releases to the Seventh Edition of Artists Wanted: Share Your Talent With The Community.

Note : Here you can now know more about the sixth edition winner, the Argentinian artist, Vanoshka F.

Artists Wanted

How does "Artists Wanted Edition No 7" work?

• On a regular basis, we (the Community Music Chat Team) will post a thread (like this one) looking for submissions, so keep an eye out!
  • Artists participating have to be members of the Community and have a Spotify artist account.
  • Artists are welcome to post their original songs and intros in a comment below (only one comment per band/artist please).
  • Note: If an artist has already participated in a previous edition of this project, they can submit again only with a new release of theirs.

Questions artists should answer to participate

• Artist/Band name:
  • Where are you based:
  • Main genre of music:
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words:
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent original song which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users:
  • Handle for one social media of your choice:
  • Who are your musical inspirations:
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better:

The Community Music Chat Team will go through all submissions, and propose a few for the entire Community to vote on. Once the results are in, we'll contact the winner, and they will be featured in our Community blog! 

When will submissions and voting occur?

* Warning update November 24 *

Artists submissions: from November 14 to December 4 (Midnight Pacific Time)

Community vote: from December 12 to December 18 (Midnight Pacific Time)

Where to participate?

We'll hand it over to you, artists on the Spotify Community - post your answers to our questions in a comment below. Don't be shy, we'll be very glad to hear your tracks and read your replies!

Note - We ask artists to submit only original songs and not covers. Also, artists should not post/embed videos, as we'd like to keep the ground fair for smaller artists with lesser budgets.

P.S. When it comes to choosing the winning artist, we'll give equal chance to the finalists to gather votes from the forum's users; so don't get discouraged if you enter your submission at a later point and don't gather too many likes in this thread.

If a song is selected for being submitted to the Community vote, artists are allowed to mention it to their followers, in Spotify, as in Social Medias. Please be fair with all contestants and support participation with our Community by asking them to listen to all submissions.

Good Luck Everyone...

** Submissions for this edition are now closed **

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
7 Replies

• Artist/Band name: Metalhonic
  • Where are you based: New Delhi, India
  • Main genre of music: Metal
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words: Angry and Energetic
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent original song which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users: Sanctimonious To The End 
  • Handle for one social media of your choice: Instagram 
  • Who are your musical inspirations: Trivium, Metallica, Gojira
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better:

Metalhonic is an Indian Modern Metal band From New Delhi, India, formed in 2019. The band comprises vocalist and guitarist Mohit Vig, and Drummer Rahul Rana. The band has released four studio albums and thirteen singles to date. Their fourth studio album, Sanctimonious To The End, was released on November 4, 2022.

The band's musical style takes inspiration from various sub-genres of metal including, heavy metal, progressive metal, nu metal, and metalcore. Etc.

• Artist/Band name: Sorry, Peach
  • Where are you based: Spartanburg, SC
  • Main genre of music: Indie/Alternative-Pop
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words: Sorry, Peach's sound is youthful yet mature in the delicate writing and alluring production
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent original song which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users: https://open.spotify.com/track/4Z5dThxDHvIWhMxjKll86c?si=4959ab842c794a80
  • Handle for one social media of your choice: Sorry, Peach (@sorry.peach) • Instagram photos and videos
  • Who are your musical inspirations: Five Seconds Of Summer, Lena Del Ray, Diana Ross, Billie Eillish
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better: The band was fused together during a college music class project and in turn designed a sound and experience that listeners have fallen in love with and can relate too. The band has their debut EP "You Were Never Mine" releasing November 18th. 

Hello Everybody, hope you fine and ready to danse with the sound of House music in the 90's 

If yesssssssss, here we go:

• Artist/Band name: Laurent Dé
  • Where are you based: Montréal in Quebec Canada
  • Main genre of music: House and electro pop
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words: Depend of what i want to work on. Actually i love to work with the 90's sound of House Music so this is the track that i am submiting to you is about
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent original song which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users:
  • https://open.spotify.com/track/25RRBESnADuOnKTFpVZWI7?si=c071876bfe534abb
  • Handle for one social media of your choice: https://www.tiktok.com/@ici_laurent_de
  • Who are your musical inspirations: From Pink Floyd to Laurent Garnier to Jeff Mills to Serges Gainsbourg to Stromae
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better: I invite you to a journey in music land 🙂 Give it a try and watch the video i made for the release: https://youtu.be/sg4WdkntVtU

• Artist/Band name: FredNukes
  • Where are you based: Copenhagen, Denmark
  • Main genre of music: Hip Hop / Rap
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words: Quirky and uplifting
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent original song which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users: https://open.spotify.com/track/1hf9fwlvQVMOb52xPDt0zp?si=dd7b28eb9593422c
  • Handle for one social media of your choice: @frednukesss (Instagram)
  • Who are your musical inspirations: Old Kanye, Macklemore, 90's boom bap hip hop

"I write songs about a grain of salt, or sh*t you said". This particular song is about the daily conflicts of trying to be a better person, eating plant-based, taking the bike to work, and saving the world with one's actions. Trying to be a sustainable superhero, but constantly tempted by meat, dairy, and buying gadgets to satisfy some superficial material need. The song has an ironic take on the whole situation and a happy uplifting vibe with a motivational message beneath it all.

• Artist/Band name: Gianfranco Flego
  • Where are you based: Balcarce, Argentina
  • Main genre of music: Rock
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words: Big electric guitars
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent original song which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users: https://open.spotify.com/track/0fBFB2wF8aefUl08PsA9dx?si=c14f73dc94744b74
  • Handle for one social media of your choice: https://www.instagram.com/gianflego/
  • Who are your musical inspirations: Nirvana, The White Stripes, Courtney Barnett

• Artist/Band name: Martina Magionami
  • Where are you based: Florence, Italy
  • Main genre of music: Alt-Pop, Indie Folk
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words: I'm a singer-songwriter that plays guitar and mostly sings stories during open mic events.
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent original song which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users:  https://open.spotify.com/track/4cqV6fQvy8EIX7Mhmblb2M?si=3RUNBnBUQx-29-UifUR23g
  • Handle for one social media of your choice: @lamartimusic 
  • Who are your musical inspirations:Molly Tuttle, Madison Cunningham, Taylor Swift, Yola, Eva Cassidy, Joni Mitchell.
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better: I'm a good self-mocking person. I love traveling, better with any music purpose. I love telling stories. I'll make music and play guitar until I die. 
cover virgins copia.jpg

• Artist/Band name:  Danebo
  •  
  • Where are you based:  Eugene, Oregon  USA
  •  
  • Main genre of music:  New Age
  •  
  • Describe your sound/music in a few words:  Old Style New Age with a touch of modern sensibility.  Some rhythmic world stuff.  And even a little singer/songwriter.
  •  
  • Spotify link to one of your most recent original song which you'd submit in priority to the Community's users:  https://open.spotify.com/track/3F74a1snNJaBp0JLJVrxy8  The song “Skyline To The Sea” evokes visions of towering redwood cathedrals soaring into the fog along the Pacific Northwest Coast.
  •  
  • Handle for one social media of your choice:**bleep**
  •  
  • Who are your musical inspirations:  Brian Eno, Alan Gogoll, Ella Fitzgerald, Barbara Higbie, Shelby Lock, William Ackerman, Bert Jansch
  •  
  • Is there anything else you'd want to add to help users to get to know you better:  I am currently recovering from a long-term illness.  Music has been very therapeutic.

Suggested posts