Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Legal attraction of subscribers to the playlist

Legal attraction of subscribers to the playlist

Please let me know if it is allowed to attract subscribers with the help of contests? For example, if I gift a premium subscription to Spotify, but a subscription to the playlist is a prerequisite. Thx🙏

1 Reply

Hiya Synergy_lofi, Spotify's terms of service do not specifically prohibit contests or promotions that involve gifting premium subscriptions or requiring users to follow a certain playlist as a condition of entry. However, it is important to note that any promotion or contest must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including those related to consumer protection, data privacy, and intellectual property.

If you plan to run a contest or promotion that involves Spotify in any way, it's a good idea to review Spotify's brand guidelines to ensure that you are using their trademarks and intellectual property correctly. Additionally, you may want to consult with a legal professional to ensure that your promotion complies with all applicable laws and regulations.

In general, it's important to be transparent with your users about the rules and requirements of any promotion, including any requirements related to following a playlist or subscribing to a service. If you are clear about the terms of the promotion and ensure that it complies with applicable laws and regulations, it is generally allowed to attract subscribers with the help of contests.

Highest regards,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts