Effective as from 26 September 2019
The integrity and safety of our Community and our users means a lot to us. In order to keep the Community as efficient and helpful as possible, we expect you to observe the Spotify Support Community Terms which includes the guidelines:
- Before searching for a thread related to your topic or posting a question regarding a problem, try reinstalling the Spotify application.
- Before posting or creating a new thread, make sure the issue you’re experiencing or the question you have is not already posted somewhere in the Community. Multiple threads on the same issue create clutter.
- Avoid double posting. Spotify will delete duplicate threads or posts on the same questions created by a user.
- Make sure that the thread you are posting on is relevant for your issue (for example, please do not post an iPhone related response on an Android related thread). Also, make sure that the thread is not outdated or relates to issues that have already been fixed or dealt with by Spotify.
- Please only post information relevant for the thread and avoid discussing personal matters or topics unrelated to Spotify services.
- Create a new thread or find another related thread if you have multiple queries. Do not add further queries to an existing thread.
- Be careful about the information that you post. Keep in mind that your posts will be available for all users of the Community.
- Always use an appropriate and respectful language when you post information in the Community. Avoid racist, sexist, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, threatening, obscene, condescending or otherwise offensive language that could be considered detrimental to other users, or Spotify employees or moderators.
- Do not post information or create threads for the promotion or advertisement of commercial products or services.
- Please do not post information such as name, address, personal identification number, social security number, email address, credit card information, or other personal information of you or other persons. Also make sure that you have all legal rights and/or consents to post any information or other material that you provide or link to through the Community.
- For obvious reasons, do not post links to malware, trojan viruses, or otherwise malicious content.
- Do not spam users via the blast of Private Messages tool in the Community.
- Do not run your own contests in this Community.
- Spotify employees and moderators will identify themselves in the Community by using the Spotify logo as avatars. Do not use any Spotify logo or trade name as your avatar or user name, or otherwise pose as a Spotify employee or moderator when posting in the Community.
- Do not post links to older or unofficial versions of the Spotify app. All users should only download the app from our official website.
Please always be respectful when using the Community, and do not post of any Content which, in the sole discretion of Spotify:
- is offensive, abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, condescending;
- is illegal, or intended to promote or commit an illegal act of any kind, including but not limited to, violations of intellectual property rights, privacy rights or proprietary rights;
- includes personal data of third parties or is intended to solicit such personal data;
- includes malicious content, such as malware, trojan horses or viruses;
- includes your or any other user’s password;
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming", or junk mail, chain letters or similar;
- involves commercial or sales activities, such as advertising, contests, sweepstakes, or pyramid schemes;
- links or references to commercial products or services;
- interferes with or disrupts the Community; or
- otherwise conflicts with the Community Terms or these Guidelines.
Reporting inappropriate content
- If you receive a Private Message you think is inappropriate you can click Report at the bottom to let us know about it.
- If you see a community post you think is inappropriate you can click on the dots and then Report Inappropriate Content.
Copyright © 2021 Spotify AB. All rights reserved.