Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Rihanna - Unapologetic???

Solved!

Rihanna - Unapologetic???

Yes, what's going on I don't see the point of paying for spotify if I'm not getting the music I desire.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The sneaky music labels deliberately delay releasing new tracks on streaming services to push up album sales. Its very very annoying!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

55 Replies

just download it illegally already

Yeah, when will it be available? I can find the album, but none of the tracks are playable except for Diamonds. The album is released, so why shouldn't we be able to play it with Spotify Premium?

Hi guys,

This FAQ here might explain it for you.

Skinnytrees - Let's keep the mentions of piracy to the minimum, please. It's against the Community Guidelines.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

😉 will do

Now it looks like they have removed "Diamonds" as well 😞

I agree, I also have a premium account and I dont think I should have to wait along with regular users for the same release. Because we pay the most we should have First access to new releases and well before the general spotify public.

Your link isn't leading anywhere, Sam.

How come there are no explanation on Spotify as to why we can't play the album/songs? It's just says "This album is unavailable". And how come Diamonds were available and then removed? There might be a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, but why shouldn't we be informed why we're not getting what we're paying for?

StiligeCecile - I can see you're in Norway, so you won't be able to see that link. Apologies. We're trialling new Help ages over there, so you're right, it won't show up.

You'll be able to read the FAQ here, however... https://www.spotify.com/se/help/faq/content/missing/
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks for the updated link, Sam.

However, I don't see how it related to this issue. Both Rihanna and her label are a part of Spotify.

I think the main point here is how Spotify handles new releases. Although the album is for sale on services like iTunes, we are not able to listen to it despite the fact that we are paying to listen to these songs. In fact, we are paying over and over again to keep listening to the music. How is it different to pay monthly to listen to a track/an album compared to paying a one time fee and then have the files locally on your computer? How long does Spotify users have to wait to listen to new releases when it's available for purchase elsewhere? I don't see the point of buying an album I will be able to listen to via Spotify later on. But how long is this supposed to take?

Marked as solution

The sneaky music labels deliberately delay releasing new tracks on streaming services to push up album sales. Its very very annoying!

Peter

Peter

Thank you for the answer.

Does this mean that Spotify has absolutely no part in this treachery?

In that case I apologize to the Spotify mods for being a bit harsh in my posts.

I don't work for Spotify so I can't comment on the internals of how their systems works or anything. I am also not sure what has happened in this situation with the tracks being removed but this is normally down to the music label and not Spotify. After all, Spotify love music as much as we do and they want as many tracks to be available as possible.

Peter

Peter

We want to give you guys the best music available, StiligeCecilie. This won't be down to us.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

This makes me furious. I pay to listen to her music so it should be available (got premium). What, they want us to pay for premium and make us so desperate that we pay for her album besides that?? Can't they change it so people who listen to spotify for free cant see the latest stuff but the premium costumers can?!?!

A lot of posts about this album blaming Spotify, it's not their fault. Her label, along with Taylor Swift's label are deliberatly witholding the realease to streaming services. It's a money grab. 

This is why people download illegally. You cant get what you want from one pay service so I'll just find it elsewhere.

read here for the explanation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/27/rihanna-spotify-singer-withholds-unapologetic_n_2198213.htm...

It's a time of year thing as well, trying to make as much money as possible in the Christmas period. Similar thing happened around same time last year when Coldplay's album wasn't avaliable only for it to turn up in new year

@Sam wrote:

Hi guys,

This FAQ here might explain it for you.

Skinnytrees - Let's keep the mentions of piracy to the minimum, please. It's against the Community Guidelines.

It's just the truth, if Spotify cannot deal with the lack of big new releases, people will download from other sources. It's not about piracy. It's about a crappy service. Spotify is totally guilty since it barely pay artists so they decide not to make their albums available for streaming. And I can't believe the staff still consider this kind of reply as a solution. You guys must be kidding with the customers.

It's true, there must be an issue as to why Labels are withholding music. If they where making money from it they would throw their Artist's music onto services like Spotify without question.

Both sides need to stop being stubborn, meet in the middle and just sort something out.

Goodbye to Spotify for now i have cancelled my premium subsription of 2 years until it's sorted. Bored of waiting for albums/tracks after release date.

The annoying thing is i would actually pay a bit more to get music when it's released.

Why can't I find Rihanna's new album on Spotify? It's titled "Unapologetic" and it came out 11/14/12.

Suggested posts